Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-13, 11:33 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
i too, would like to try the nano skin scrub. i want to foam and wash the car with OCWC and OPC, then give her a light claying or maybe a paint cleaner Sonax NPT with me PC and a black finishing pad, just to refresh the OC. it would be very light cleaning, nothing aggressive. i actually tried 2 spray bottles from walmart... see through plastic with the ratio table on the side. $2.50 each and i'm quite impressed with them. i've got a few T-shirts from DD and wear them whenever i can. question... will the nano scrub mar or scratch the OC coating?
Yup - I've got some of those spray bottles from Wally World as well. They work very well. The only spray bottles I have disliked were the Home Depot cheapies that you can pick up for $0.99, they didn't last too long which was somewhat expected.

There are people who say the nanoskin mitts will scratch the paint, and some who say it won't, so just like anything - I want to try it out for myself. I am expecting that excessive amounts of lubrication is the key to these clay alternatives that seem to have a more "grippy" feeling to them (as well as very light pressure). I'm sure there is a slightly higher chance of marring the paint, but I only plan to use a product like this before a paint correction process, therefore any light marring will be of no concern to me. I am also excited that this will be a quick and easy way to clay all of the glass as well.

I will keep you posted, as I plan to use it on a perfect test subject this weekend. I'm doing a black toyota avalon that is in awful shape... so, as you know, it will have soft, finicky paint. If this mitt is going to leave some marring... it will happen on this car. Hopefully the product works as advertised... this would be a nice time saver!
Old 09-16-13, 03:00 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Lol@ Wally World, first I've heard that term. The Home Depot cheapies are sitting on the top shelf of my detailing supply storage unit... empty, they suck. I use one with bleach to spray my garbage cans. Looking forward to your review on the nano scrub... Thanx Z.
Old 09-17-13, 11:54 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got this in today two Finest jobs this week, will be through most of this product by Saturday.

Old 09-18-13, 05:35 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Nice!!! Glad to see another Finest installer on CL... I'm a relative new comer to the "Finest" side of things, but I have really enjoyed the product so far. I plan on removing 22ple VX1 from my 2IS and applying Finest whenever I get some free time.
Old 09-24-13, 01:54 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

^Got my order from DD last friday. Tried out some SPNS on my own vehicle last night (on top of my 22ple VX1 Pro Coating). The SPNS was fairly straight forward to apply and remove, but it feels "grabby" when you first try to spread it on the surface. Seems everyone experiences this, and it is just in the nature of the product, so oh well. Removal was a breeze. Can't wait to see how it looks in the rain

Also plan on trying the Brilliant Shine Detailer this evening on my wife's car.
Old 09-25-13, 12:25 PM
sgmbab
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just received my order from autogeek. Hopefully CQuartz UK or DP coating would help out with the crow feet. Also got some Chemical Guys sasquatch towels.
Attached Thumbnails Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread-photo-3-.jpg  
Old 09-25-13, 12:45 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sgmbab
Just received my order from autogeek. Hopefully CQuartz UK or DP coating would help out with the crow feet. Also got some Chemical Guys sasquatch towels.
nice pick up... be sure to dilute that Reload, that stuff streaks like no tomorrow.
Old 09-25-13, 12:47 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

When you say "help out with the crow feet" what do you expect them to do?

There is no repairing that damage... you could try sanding it, but I would bet it is already way too far gone. If you are hoping to "stop the damage from spreading" - that sort of etching does not tend to spread. From my experiences, it is isolated to only the area, and maybe a very small area surrounding it, that was originally in contact with bird droppings.
Old 09-25-13, 01:01 PM
sgmbab
Driver

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
When you say "help out with the crow feet" what do you expect them to do?

There is no repairing that damage... you could try sanding it, but I would bet it is already way too far gone. If you are hoping to "stop the damage from spreading" - that sort of etching does not tend to spread. From my experiences, it is isolated to only the area, and maybe a very small area surrounding it, that was originally in contact with bird droppings.
As I often park my car outside, I'm hoping that the coating would give me more protection against bird droppings and ward off any future crow feet.
Old 09-25-13, 01:05 PM
sgmbab
Driver

nice pick up... be sure to dilute that Reload, that stuff streaks like no tomorrow.
How did you like Reload and what concentration did you dilute it to?
Old 09-25-13, 01:25 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

As I often park my car outside, I'm hoping that the coating would give me more protection against bird droppings and ward off any future crow feet.
The coating will provide more protection than any traditional form (ie sealant or wax) without a doubt, but regardless of what is on the paint - be sure to remove the bird bombs ASAP.
Old 09-25-13, 06:36 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

How did you like Reload and what concentration did you dilute it to?
I used a 50/50 dilution. I used it as a drying agent when the car was still wet, worked like a charm. I like the reload, I used it on the GS when HB and 22PLE was applied. Used it once on the OC, great product.
Old 09-26-13, 06:40 AM
sgmbab
Driver

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
The coating will provide more protection than any traditional form (ie sealant or wax) without a doubt, but regardless of what is on the paint - be sure to remove the bird bombs ASAP.
I used a 50/50 dilution. I used it as a drying agent when the car was still wet, worked like a charm. I like the reload, I used it on the GS when HB and 22PLE was applied. Used it once on the OC, great product.
Thanks for the advice guys.
Old 09-30-13, 02:56 PM
PondScum
Driver

I'm at my vacation house in Las Vegas for the next month or so. I keep a small amount of supplies here just to keep the cars clean, and refresh the LSP so the road grime and bugs clean off easier after the drive back to CA. Got some wheel cleaner, CG spray sealant, and some leather care products.

Old 10-01-13, 09:51 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

No need to dilute Reload. Just use WAY less product.

I use on outside glass with no streaking, just have to be careful with how much product you apply.

Quick Reply: Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread