Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Review: Gtechniq EXO v2 Complete Kit

Old 07-30-13, 08:26 AM
Bryan@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Review: Gtechniq EXO v2 Complete Kit

Since the new version of EXO came out I decided to give it a try. The kit includes GTechniq EXO Ultra Durable Hybrid Coating v2, GTechniq Panel Wipe Coating Prep, Microtemp MT-PRO thermometer,Micro suede cloth, 3 Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber towels.

This was my first time ever trying a coating and thought the application was pretty easy and simple to do. First thing you need to do is make sure your car is not in direct sunlight but warmer than 5c.

Next thing you will need to do before applying the coating is to remove all the imperfections in the paint. The only way to remove the imperfections after applying the coating is to buff off the coating. Once you have all the imperfections out the next step is to wipe the panel with the GTechniq Panel Wipe.

Make sure you spray the entire panel and wipe it clean so you remove all residues and any oils that are on the surface so that the coating can bond to the surface. After the panel is nice and clean you are ready to use the coating which was super easy to apply. All you have to do is dab the micro suede cloth so that it is damp.

Once you have a damp cloth your going to apply a thin coat on the panel.

It should look like this if applied thin:

With your microfiber cloth make sure to buff of the residue. The product was extremely easy to wipe off just make sure you don’t apply to much pressure so you can avoid marring the paint.

After wiping off the coating make sure you allow it to cure for 3 hours before it gets wet. I really thought this product had an easy application if you are looking for a quick easy way to protect your car for 2 years than I recommend this product.

Benefits of using a GTechniq Exo v2 Complete Kit
- The coating will protect the paint for 2 years or more.
- Dirt washes right off.
- Its going to make your car finish will stay slick and shiny longer than any wax or paint sealant.

GTechniq EXO v2 Complete Kit
Old 07-31-13, 07:48 AM
redoctane
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice write up thanks!