Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Help - Suncreen Removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-13, 11:47 PM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Help - Suncreen Removal

Hello all,

I was unsuccessful while using the search function so here goes. I was nice enough to give my friends a ride home from the beach and their sweaty white sunscreen seems baked into my black leather seats, armrests, and door panels.

I'm pretty upset about this as the interior was in great condition for an '08. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Len
Old 04-24-13, 06:29 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I'd use LeatherMaster Strong Leather Cleaner. Mix with some warm-moderately hot water and agitate with a sponge or soft brush to generate lots of foam. Let the foamy mix dwell for a couple minutes, but not dry, and then wipe up with white cotton toweling. Repeat if needed. It may take several cleanings to completely remove.

The cleaning process is called CHAT. Chemical, Heat, Agitation and Time. The LM cleaner is the chemical, the heat is supplied by the hot water, the agitation is provided by the sponge or soft brush and the Time is accomplished by generating lots of foam which will allow for longer dwell time to allow the chemical to do the work. Work on small areas at a time and check the progress. Using white cotton towels to wipe up the foamy mix will show if the soil is being removed.

To avoid this issue in the future apply Leather Masters Protection Cream a couple times a year. This is not a conditioner but a fluorocarbon sealer for leather.
Old 04-25-13, 08:08 PM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts

Hi Jim - thank you for the detailed response! I will get started ASAP.

Whoever thought that something as simple as this would be such a PITA to get out.
Old 04-25-13, 11:07 PM
qdcfred
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IMAGINTHAT
Hi Jim - thank you for the detailed response! I will get started ASAP.

Whoever thought that something as simple as this would be such a PITA to get out.
Does it work well?