Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Up Close & Personal: BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-13, 04:38 AM
Nick@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Up Close & Personal: BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax

WARNING: The wax contained in this jar will turn heads and create WHIPLASH!

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax is a synthesis of German-sourced, color-charged montan wax and genuine Brazilian carnauba wax designed to bestow a dimension of gloss on black and dark colors that mimics the appearance of wet paint. Signature Wet Diamond Polymers provide exceptional resistance to UV rays and environmental contamination. BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax will provide up to 5 months of paint protection on vehicles that have been properly clayed and polished first.

BLACKFIRE BlackIce Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax is one of few waxes in the world that utilizes a high content of montan wax – a rare and costly wax sourced from Germany. Montan wax, when processed and refined, is known for its darkening characteristics on black and other dark colors. BLACKFIRE’s chemists pioneered a color-charging process to further enhance the paint-darkening effect of the montan wax formulated in BlackICE, creating what can only be described as mile-deep reflections on black and dark colored cars.

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax - Surface Prep

If your vehicle has never been clayed or if it has been more than six months, use BLACKFIRE Poly Clay II and Clay Lubricant to remove gloss-hindering above-surface contaminants.

Next, remove light imperfections and rid the paint of below-surface contaminants with BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish. It is imperative that you clay and polish the vehicle for BlackICE to perform to its full potential, creating a liquid shine while providing winter-tough paint protection.

The vehicle I used for this article didn't need to be clayed (it passed the "baggy test") so I went straight to BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish. BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish is non-abrasive and is designed for vehicles that are in relatively good shape. It does have the ability to fill light swirl marks and other imperfections.

My applicator of choice was an Indigo Microfiber Applicator. This applicator features a tightly knit flat weave, making it ideal for polishing by hand. If I were to apply Gloss Enhancing Polish by machine, I would use a polishing pad.

BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish is effortlessly removed with a Supreme 530 Microfiber Towel - one of my personal favorites. This towel, when paired with a quality microfiber detergent like BLACKFIRE Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer, will last years. It can be used to remove polish (semi-flat weave side) or for quick detail sprays and spray waxes (plush side).

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax - Application

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax needs to be applied thin, thin, THIN. For best results, it should dry to a haze before being removed. You can machine-apply the wax using a soft foam finishing pad on your dual action polisher. I applied it by hand using one of the included black foam applicators.

Thin, Thin, THIN!

Once the wax has dried to a haze (about 10 minutes depending on temperature), buff it off to reveal mile-deep reflections.

If you have a black or dark colored vehicle and you want to take the shine to the next level, pick up a jar of BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax.

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax
Old 03-28-13, 06:04 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

You need to add beading pictures
Old 03-28-13, 12:48 PM
geogolf
Driver School Candidate

Default wax

sounds like a winner
Old 03-28-13, 06:11 PM
c-low
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

o wow! that is pretty intense
Old 03-29-13, 10:23 PM
gorilaFART
Pole Position

i like how many times the whole product was spelled out in its entirety and mentioned.

im anxious to try BLACKFIRE BLACKICE HYBRID MONTAN SEALANT WAX!

(when im able to afford it)
Old 03-30-13, 01:41 AM
jacobjohn
Driver

honestly....the car looked amazing before you even waxed it (from the available pictures posted). This just seems like you were just advertising their product without showing any legitimate facts or results...a little disappointing...
Old 03-30-13, 06:12 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

Looks good. Added to my list of detailing items to try out once I work my way through my existing inventory.
Old 03-30-13, 01:52 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Nice write-up and nice pics! Oh and most of all, great results
Old 03-31-13, 06:54 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Great stuff.... There products are top notch...
Old 04-01-13, 05:50 AM
Nick@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
You need to add beading pictures

Originally Posted by jacobjohn
honestly....the car looked amazing before you even waxed it (from the available pictures posted). This just seems like you were just advertising their product without showing any legitimate facts or results...a little disappointing...
This wasn't a before/after or extreme makeover type of demonstration. It was simply showing off the new wax from BLACKFIRE.

Check out these two threads if you want to see REAL WORLD before/after shots.

Review: BF BlackIce

1987 Monte Carlo Extreme Makeover with Rupes and Blackfire BlackICE

Old 04-01-13, 07:05 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Beautiful! Thanks for the follow up Nick!
Old 04-01-13, 07:52 AM
Heckler
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question: My car is Lexus Black Sapphire Pearl , a dark metallic blue. Is this product recommended for these types of colors?
Old 04-01-13, 11:23 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Heckler
Question: My car is Lexus Black Sapphire Pearl , a dark metallic blue. Is this product recommended for these types of colors?
Blackfire is amazing on darker colors. Let's put it this way, I have a PDW car and mine looks amazing using all their products and Collinite 845 wax. Me and my gf just recently bought her a 01 GS300 as her new car. Paint was in good condition, but it still could use a compound and polish and all, so I did that and her paint looked like a 2013 car, no boost at all.

PC7424XP
Orange Pad w/ Blackfire SRC Compound
White Pad w/ Blackfire SRC Polish

After Compound:

After Compound/Polish/BF Crystal Seal:

Done:

That was taken with an iPhone 5 of course and it was cloudy so you can't see the full effect of the reflections but it's just as good as Nick's photos. In person her paint blows mine away. Blackfire is definitely bias to darker colors LOL.

Last edited by LuxuryGS3; 04-01-13 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-01-13, 01:18 PM
jacobjohn
Driver

Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek

This wasn't a before/after or extreme makeover type of demonstration. It was simply showing off the new wax from BLACKFIRE.

Check out these two threads if you want to see REAL WORLD before/after shots.

Review: BF BlackIce

1987 Monte Carlo Extreme Makeover with Rupes and Blackfire BlackICE

wow, that's what I'm talking about! amazing!!!
Old 04-01-13, 02:16 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i think someone jumped the gun... great work and i am very impressed with the results. beading pics are epic... i'm a sucker for outstanding beading.

Quick Reply: Up Close & Personal: BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax