Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Removing armor all from dash?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-12, 05:48 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts
Default Removing armor all from dash?

Posting for a new member

Originally Posted by perrala
Hi Dave,

I really don't know how to post a question on this site. Can you please tell me how. My daughter gave me a premium car wash with all the bells and whistles. Unfortunately they put Armor All on my dash which made it like a mirror. I have been in contact with Armor All and they don't know how to remove it. I was wondering if anyone would have an idea.

Thanks for your help.
Perrala in Calgary, Ab.
Old 12-23-12, 06:43 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Unfortunately this happened a few weeks ago with our Sorento. The local car wash put Armour All or some shiny product all over the dash and doors... I used a damp cloth to clean up any residue that was still there and then followed with this http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einzett-cockpit-premium.html

This stuff works wonders and i use it on all three vehicles... Hope this helps.. Welcome to CL..
Old 12-23-12, 09:57 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^Yep, the 1einszett cockpit is the way to GO~Detailersdomain also has the 1einszett (premium) as well as the Plastic Deep Cleaner! Or you could also pm Phil (Detailersdomain), he has a lot of experience with the detailing, etc. If there's questions he'll be able to assist you! He's also an Approved vendor on CL. Welcome to the Family, and keep us posted!

Happy Holidays!

steve
Old 12-24-12, 07:12 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I've removed this stuff from a few cars with both, Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer, (a.k.a. D149 in their Detailer line of products), or APC+ (D103). When removing anything from the dash, be sure not to apply a lot of pressure when cleaning. I use cotton toweling rather than microfiber so as not to abrade or burnish the dash and make it permanently shiny. It may take two or three passes to get all the mess removed.

QID (D149) is a versatile product that can be used on vinyl, leather and even your NAV screen. It leaves zero gloss and does contain UV protection. I personally prefer the non-glare (new) look. IMO, its one of their most underrated products.
Old 12-24-12, 08:30 AM
perrala
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your help. We have cold weather in Calgary at present but will try to remove the glossy finish from the dash of my LS460 when it warms up.

Originally Posted by jfelbab
I've removed this stuff from a few cars with both, Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer, (a.k.a. D149 in their Detailer line of products), or APC+ (D103). When removing anything from the dash, be sure not to apply a lot of pressure when cleaning. I use cotton toweling rather than microfiber so as not to abrade or burnish the dash and make it permanently shiny. It may take two or three passes to get all the mess removed.

QID (D149) is a versatile product that can be used on vinyl, leather and even your NAV screen. It leaves zero gloss and does contain UV protection. I personally prefer the non-glare (new) look. IMO, its one of their most underrated products.
Old 12-24-12, 11:26 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by perrala
Thank you for your help. We have cold weather in Calgary at present but will try to remove the glossy finish from the dash of my LS460 when it warms up.
Also forgot to add: Welcome to the forum!
Old 12-25-12, 11:21 AM
perrala
Driver School Candidate

Default Removing Armorall from the dash

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I was very disappointed when the car wash put Armor All on the dash of my LS460. It had a dull finish untill they got at it. What were they thinking? It's cold in Calgary at present but will attempt to fix it asap. Do you think the dash on a LS460 is leather or plastic? Thanks for your help. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Originally Posted by jfelbab

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Unfortunately this happened a few weeks ago with our Sorento. The local car wash put Armour All or some shiny product all over the dash and doors... I used a damp cloth to clean up any residue that was still there and then followed with this http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einzett-cockpit-premium.html

This stuff works wonders and i use it on all three vehicles... Hope this helps.. Welcome to CL..
Old 12-25-12, 11:27 AM
perrala
Driver School Candidate

Thanks so much for your suggestion. Hope to get this repaired as soon as we get warmer weather in Calgary. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours.
Old 12-25-12, 01:30 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

i agree Meguiar's quick interior detailer is awesome. the dash in your LS is padded leather.