Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

NXT Wax by Meguiars

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-12, 10:04 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NXT Wax by Meguiars

I bought a NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 at a local advanceautoparts for 20$ but today I just went to walmart to do some shopping and saw the NXT Generation Tech Wax w/o the 2.0 for only 5$ lol.

What is the difference between the 2?? I plan on stocking my garage with some more if you guys think it's worth it. haha

Here's the picture

The picture is probably small, sorry took it from a crap phone, but if you guys want a better picture let me know and I'll retake it.
Old 10-02-12, 06:11 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I've used both and find that, the NXT 2 was notably longer lasting than the NXT. These products do have a shelf life and I don't think the NXT product has been in production for a number of years so even at $5 it could be problematic.

That said, they now have better products for protecting paint. Before spending $20 on NXT 2.0 I'd suggest looking for their Ultimate Liquid Wax. This product looks great and lasts a lot longer than the NXT line. I've also seen it selling for around $20. It can be applied in the full sun and it doesn't stain trim. You can use it on exterior vinyl trim and it looks as good and lasts longer than most dedicated vinyl products. It won't run down the side of your car in the rain like some dedicated trim products will.

So this one product can do the work of two... or even three products if you consider that ULW works on glass too, leaving a RainX like coating that sheds water without your wipers running at anything over around 25 mph.

Last edited by jfelbab; 10-02-12 at 06:41 AM.
Old 10-02-12, 01:06 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jfelbab
I've used both and find that, the NXT 2 was notably longer lasting than the NXT. These products do have a shelf life and I don't think the NXT product has been in production for a number of years so even at $5 it could be problematic.

That said, they now have better products for protecting paint. Before spending $20 on NXT 2.0 I'd suggest looking for their Ultimate Liquid Wax. This product looks great and lasts a lot longer than the NXT line. I've also seen it selling for around $20. It can be applied in the full sun and it doesn't stain trim. You can use it on exterior vinyl trim and it looks as good and lasts longer than most dedicated vinyl products. It won't run down the side of your car in the rain like some dedicated trim products will.

So this one product can do the work of two... or even three products if you consider that ULW works on glass too, leaving a RainX like coating that sheds water without your wipers running at anything over around 25 mph.
I have also used the ultimate liquid wax also, and it works great. I wonder if the 2 represents stage 2 after applying the one without the number? Just guess.
Old 10-03-12, 01:02 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NXT and NXT 2.0 are different formulations. Don't remember much detail about it but I used both when they were out. NXT 2.0 had better protection/sheeting/beading qualities than the original version did. It is nothing to do with the steps to apply it with. However, if you do purchase the original, it makes for a great candle