Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

How to clean rubber area on the top part of the consoles / doors - 2011 IS250

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-12, 02:23 PM
IS250Vic
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to clean rubber area on the top part of the consoles / doors - 2011 IS250

Does anyone know if there is a product that will help clean the rubber part of the console, also on the doors for the ISx50 (possibly remove any weird scuff marks)?

It's a very firm material, yet it feels like a very dense rubbery material that lines the top portion of the ISx50 doors. When I clean them with a rag, sometimes I may have pressed a bit too hard and leaves a white-ish rub mark, been having a hard time getting rid of it.

Also, if anyone has the deep, shiny black center console trim for the ISx50 has anyone noticed it scuffs VERY easily? Anyone know of a type of polish that will restore it and remove any small scratches?

Any advice would be appreciated; I apologize in advance if there is a thread for this I wasn't sure what to search for heh.

Thank you.
Old 06-23-12, 11:29 PM
GiGAS
Rookie

i too have this same problem and would love to know!

edit: found this thread. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hs-...-surfaces.html
Old 06-24-12, 03:09 AM
TOGWT
Rookie

1z Plastic Cleaner (Plastik-Reiniger) - an intensive, non-corrosive, non-acidic two-phase deep cleaner that removes grime build-up, scuff marks, bitumen (tar) and nicotine thoroughly and effortlessly with dust-resistant anti-static action. Use to clean armrests, door handles, shift *****, vinyl seats, pedals, dashboard, storage compartments, tires, rocker panels, wheel wells, and etc. Water-based formula is biodegradable, silicone and formalin-free as well as environmentally friendly.

Iz Cockpit Premium – an interior care and protectant developed specifically for that original matte-satin factory finish. This is a treatment spray for all interior components including the dash, finished leather and vinyl seats, door handles, trim, navigation screens, stereo head units, and clear plastic. It has very limited cleaning ability but it provides UV protection for interior materials. The gentle formula is water-based and free of oils providing a non-slip finish, which allows for application on the steering wheel, shift **** and both finished leather and vinyl upholstery.
Old 06-24-12, 10:08 AM
IS250Vic
Driver

^^ thanks for the link, and info!!
Old 06-24-12, 11:20 PM
Badmittn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TOGWT
1z Plastic Cleaner (Plastik-Reiniger) - an intensive, non-corrosive, non-acidic two-phase deep cleaner that removes grime build-up, scuff marks, bitumen (tar) and nicotine thoroughly and effortlessly with dust-resistant anti-static action. Use to clean armrests, door handles, shift *****, vinyl seats, pedals, dashboard, storage compartments, tires, rocker panels, wheel wells, and etc. Water-based formula is biodegradable, silicone and formalin-free as well as environmentally friendly.

Iz Cockpit Premium – an interior care and protectant developed specifically for that original matte-satin factory finish. This is a treatment spray for all interior components including the dash, finished leather and vinyl seats, door handles, trim, navigation screens, stereo head units, and clear plastic. It has very limited cleaning ability but it provides UV protection for interior materials. The gentle formula is water-based and free of oils providing a non-slip finish, which allows for application on the steering wheel, shift **** and both finished leather and vinyl upholstery.
TOGWT Are you copying and pasting this stuff?
Old 06-25-12, 05:07 AM
jfelbab

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

IME, a good treatment for the exterior hard rubber and vinyl trim is Meguiar's UQW. This product is also available in their Detailer line in larger sizes and known there as Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax. This synthetic is a wipe-on/wipe-off sealant that leaves the trim looking like new. It can be applied in the direct sun and doesn't dry white. It also doesn't run when it gets wet like so many of the dedicated trim treatments do. I use this on all exterior parts of the vehicles, paint, glass, all trim including chrome/ss. The appearance/protection lasts for several weeks. I find it best to clean the rubber and vinyl trim with an APC prior to application.

For interior cleaning and UV protection I use Meg's Quik Interior Detailer. QID can be used on all interior parts, dash, leather, vinyl, hard rubber and even NAV screens. QID dries with zero added gloss whatsoever so no glare from the dash. If I need/want a little higher patina, I use either Ultimate Protectant or their #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner from their Professional line.

For heavy cleaning of vinyl and rubber parts, I either use APC or #39, Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner from their Pro line. #39 is the best vinyl and rubber cleaner I've ever used, FWIW.