Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

My retarded dog scratched my car

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-12, 12:46 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Angry My retarded dog scratched my car

I come home and I find my GS's bumper and quarter panel chewed up, the culprit, my 4 month old Doberman. His *** is beat now and now I have to find out how to fix this.

How can I fix this guys? Please point me in the right direction.

TIA

BTW, the little devil that did this.

Old 06-18-12, 02:43 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

That's a tough one. If the scratches are very deep, to the point where you can catch them with your finger nail, it's too dangerous to wetsand and buff, as you would be risking "striking trough" the clearcoat and causing more damage.

If you can't feel them with your finger nail, or just slightly, I would give it a try...but it's always a risk not knowing the paint thickness.

A safe bet would be to stop by your local bodyshop and ask for a small sample of clearcoat and hardener...kind of like touchup paint. Come home, clean the scratched areas with prepsol or at least IPA, mix the clearcoat with hardener and "fill" in the scratches with the small brush..that alone should make it a lot less noticeable or make them go away altogether.
Old 06-18-12, 03:31 PM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SRTGS300
His *** is beat now and now I have to find out how to fix this.

I'm hoping that you didn't actually beat your 4 month old puppy.
Old 06-18-12, 03:44 PM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Neuter him! mwahahahh

I would just use some Ultimate Compound and try to buff it out. It won't be perfect, but at least neutering him will make you feel a little better. Spray some bitter apple around the car maybe?
Old 06-18-12, 05:58 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Claim vandalism.
Old 06-18-12, 06:10 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
Claim vandalism.
Haha yeah I wish I could.
Originally Posted by aznxenon
Neuter him! mwahahahh

I would just use some Ultimate Compound and try to buff it out. It won't be perfect, but at least neutering him will make you feel a little better. Spray some bitter apple around the car maybe?
Damn I'm pissed at him but I still love him to death lol I would never do that to him.
Originally Posted by Ap1_Alan;
I'm hoping that you didn't actually beat your 4 month old puppy.
A few firm hits isn't going to kill him but let's not get into that.
Originally Posted by 97-SC300
That's a tough one. If the scratches are very deep, to the point where you can catch them with your finger nail, it's too dangerous to wetsand and buff, as you would be risking "striking trough" the clearcoat and causing more damage.

If you can't feel them with your finger nail, or just slightly, I would give it a try...but it's always a risk not knowing the paint thickness.

A safe bet would be to stop by your local bodyshop and ask for a small sample of clearcoat and hardener...kind of like touchup paint. Come home, clean the scratched areas with prepsol or at least IPA, mix the clearco;at with hardener and "fill" in the scratches with the small brush..that alone should make it a lot less noticeable or make them go away altogether.
Thanks a million man. I'll just take the car to my local reputable body shop because my paint is damn near mint condition and I wouldn't be able to live with myselfif I mess it up so I'll leave it to the people who know what they're doing.

Last edited by Justin2JZ; 06-18-12 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-18-12, 07:43 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Prolly could, I mean.. Who's gonna tell and say that you lied? The neighbors across the street?
Old 06-18-12, 09:08 PM
Dawa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol your thread made me think of this
Old 06-18-12, 09:13 PM
Ron57
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This company did miracles with my 04 RX330.

http://www.colorsonparade.com/
Old 06-19-12, 05:17 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Justin, one of these is needed.

Problem with disciplining a dog hours after he did something wrong is that he won't understand the connection. Dogs take to crate training well and it will actually shorten the housebreaking time needed. Crates also keep your house and possessions safe while you are away. Good for both you and the dog, LOL. I've had dogs eat right through drywall, eat a table leg, eat the corners of my kitchen cabinets and and chew up carpeting. Now I use crates and the dogs actually like them.

As to fixing the damage, compound/polish will remove some of the defects but some look too deep to remove. I think your choice to leave it to a professional shop is a good one.

Last edited by jfelbab; 06-19-12 at 05:28 AM.
Old 06-19-12, 09:24 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jfelbab
Justin, one of these is needed.

Problem with disciplining a dog hours after he did something wrong is that he won't understand the connection. Dogs take to crate training well and it will actually shorten the housebreaking time needed. Crates also keep your house and possessions safe while you are away. Good for both you and the dog, LOL. I've had dogs eat right through drywall, eat a table leg, eat the corners of my kitchen cabinets and and chew up carpeting. Now I use crates and the dogs actually like them.

As to fixing the damage, compound/polish will remove some of the defects but some look too deep to remove. I think your choice to leave it to a professional shop is a good one.
Hey man, I'm not new to raising dogs, I really wanted to keep him inside the house and crate train him especially since I got him at birth. However, my fiance isn't too fond of big dogs sooo he has to stay outside now and I can't object her decisions . He bit up my BMW's rain guards and now my Lexus so he is going to come back inside the house so I can thoroughly train him in the crate.
Old 06-19-12, 09:34 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ron57
This company did miracles with my 04 RX330.

http://www.colorsonparade.com/
Thank you man I will definitely look into them.

Originally Posted by ProperD
Haha wow man

Lol this is him right now.
Old 06-19-12, 10:34 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Another tip. Butcher bones or sometimes called soup bones keep dogs occupied for hours. I keep a couple in the freezer and when I need to distract my dog for a couple hours, I toss him one of these frozen bones. My dog will gnaw on one of these for three to four hours straight.
Old 06-19-12, 11:35 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Haha been there done that as well. I bought him three squeaky toys which he destroyed in a day. After that I bought him a big bacon flavored bone which he's still working on now but it never seems to keep him occupied for long. I take him to the track with me to run to tire him out and he goes to sleep when we get home. It seems like he does it in the morning. I'll have to playback my surveillance cameras to see specifically though.
Old 06-19-12, 12:09 PM
M K S
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ProperD
Haha, **** that was funny!

Quick Reply: My retarded dog scratched my car