Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Mobile Detailing

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-12, 08:45 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mobile Detailing

Has anyone had their vehicle detailed by one of these companies or a person that does mobile detailing?

Last week a flyer was left on my car's windshield at the company lot from what looked like a person who does mobile detailing judging by the flyer. Basically you call and set up a date/time, and specify a location where your vehicle will be parked. A co-worker pointed a car that was detailed but I saw it from a distance and couldn't really tell how good the work was. I've been so slammed at work recently and have not gotten the time to detail my car yet this year so I've kind of given this mobile detailing some thought. The weather hasn't been on my side either which has further delayed me.
Old 06-12-12, 02:06 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Better to find one on the forums before trusting those fliers. I'm an advocate of word of mouth advertising/detailing forum pros
Old 06-18-12, 04:24 AM
tucker21
Pole Position

i just had my car detailed by a mobile detailer in vegas as i had no time whatsoever to actually take it to a shop.

it was by far the most reasonably priced of all the shops i had called (was $155 vs $295 and $395) and i thought they did a really good job.

shampoo'd all the rugs and mats, cleaned all the interior surfaces including treating the leather seats.
and did a nice full wash and wax on the exterior.

i had driven out from SF so the car was insanely dirty and after they were done looked brand new.

i was def skeptical at first but got a real good vibe from the owner on the phone and it was so much cheaper then the alternatives and way more convenient.

i would DEF get some references tho before i hired anyone to detail my car.

cheers.
Old 06-18-12, 11:46 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eyezack87
Better to find one on the forums before trusting those fliers. I'm an advocate of word of mouth advertising/detailing forum pros
Agreed!!!!!

If you are ever in Norther VA I'd highly recommend DJ Mayo from http://www.djmayostudios.com/.

If you are in Northern NJ Greg Gellas from http://signaturedetailing.com/ is top notch.

Both of these guys do mobile detailing so they'll come to you

Greg @ DI

Last edited by Greg@DI; 06-18-12 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-19-12, 06:28 PM
uncandid
Driver

Hey tucker21, what company was it that detailed your car? I live in the bay area as well and could use a quality mobile detailer. Thanks