Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Optimum No Rinse Results (*F Pictures*)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-12, 01:12 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Optimum No Rinse Results (*F Pictures*)

Cliffnotes: You will not need a hose to wash your car any longer and can do it in your garage.

And here are my results:

2008 Lexus IS-F (212 Toyota Black Paint)

This car was bought used. When I got it I used an aggressive clay bar and a two stage polish with Meguiars highest grit polish, followed by "half grit" Meguairs Polish.

I take care of all of my cars with a Megauirs Microfiber Mitt and a Chamois, along with the products below:

For this first wash with ONR and OCW, I used a Meguairs Microfiber Mitt and microfiber towels:

I used two gallons of water with 2.5 Capfuls of ONR (a little bit over an ounce).

I was surprised, no suds in the water. Just a blue tinge to the water.

I would suggest that if you have brakes that generate lots of brake dust, you should use a separate wash and dry media than is used on the body. The wash media would be black afterwards.

I am 30 years old, and have been detailing as a hobby and side job for about 15 years.

I am IMPRESSED. The amount of water left on the ground is the same to as pulling your car in out of the rain. The biggest benefit is washing black cars in the garage when the sun is beating down. No racing the hot paint to beat the water from drying on it. The slickness to the paint is as if a quick detailer was sprayed on the paint.

I will see how this holds up in the winter, with washing the salt off the cars.

After ONR and OCW (keep in mind this car is washed weekly or so)

I used a bit too much OCW and it streaked a bit, I'm not worried about it. I'll take care of it next wash (See arrows):

Old 05-15-12, 01:28 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Looks great! I love black after a nice detail. The shine, the depth, and the looks...well worth it, I think, even if it does require more maintenance exterior-wise.
Old 05-15-12, 01:37 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

nice, I used that stuff on my car as well ONR all the way!!! a little bit of meguiars too...
Old 05-15-12, 01:45 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks very clean and shinny.
Old 05-15-12, 06:09 PM
g35cali
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love ONR i dread having to use a hose again
Old 05-15-12, 11:00 PM
SonOfOC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good! The new ONR V3 with OCW is a great combo.
Old 05-16-12, 06:55 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

It's a great product if you are the type of person that likes to wash their car once a week or once every two weeks before it gets really really filthy. Don't use this stuff if you have chunks of mud on the sides or really heavy deposits of dirt.

Is that the first time you've used ONR? I got a ton of ONR V2, but wouldn't mind trying out V3 that you got yourself there, heard it's even better.
Old 05-16-12, 12:23 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear the (ONR) and Optimum Car Wax helped save you time and improve your results. One of our Ask a Pro Blog author's DJ Mayo loves this combination as well and he has an awesome article detailing his usage of it here http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...imum-no-rinse/. We have the new 2012 version in stock and ready to ship if interested, plus save 10% off with the forum code 10offCL.

Greg @ DI
Old 05-16-12, 01:12 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I prefer to presoak it using a garden sprayer before the actual wash. Similar idea behind a foam cannon you could say. Works great for me and since I'm in CA, it evaporates from my garage floor rather quickly (also a double edged sword since any ONR on the car dries quick too lol)