Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

GLARE car ploish

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-12, 07:57 AM
hms09
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GLARE car ploish

Just wanted to know if anyone has heard of or used a product called Glare car polish. I am looking for a good polish and this one seems good but I'm a little concerned whether it will be a good polish for my 2002 LS 430. Any other recommendations for a good polish greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Harry
Old 03-20-12, 08:43 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if it's this thing: http://www.glare.com/products?cid=MQ%3D%3D&pn=Vehicles

that's actually a sealant. you can definitely give it a try to see if you like it.

there's a lot of great sealants out there. just depends on what you're looking for in a sealant. give us what exactly you're looking for and what colour paint you have.

for example: me personally, i look for the glassy look that's ultra durable due to the rain in Vancouver. So I went for the Klasse high gloss sealant.

old picture that's not the best. I just did a detail 2 weeks ago but haven't been able to capture the shine due to the rain...

Old 03-21-12, 05:05 AM
jfelbab

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

To answer your question...re: Glare, about the only time I ever hear about it is when someone, usually with a low post count, comes to the forum and asks the same question. It is not a product we see discussed by those who do detailing professionally or even those who are avid enthusiasts. That alone should tell you all you need to know.

I tried a sample a year or so ago and thought it was average in appearance, kind of a plasticy appearance. Not enough goodness to support the high price, IMO. It reminded me of NuFinish in many ways except it cost a lot more.

Both make claims on their websites that I find hard to swallow. There are a lot of products in the market that look better and cost less, IMO, but looks are a subjective thing. If you are interested why not try it for yourself.

If you want a decent looking, durable product, I'd suggest using a coating like OptiCoat 2.0, or Cquartz.

Keep in mind that any sealant, wax or coating is designed to be a sacrificial barrier to protect your paint from the environment. All will show the effects of swirling, industrial contamination, acid rain, bug etching and bird droppings over time, and as such, require regular maintenance to keep the finish protected and looking like new.

Some products look better than others (again subjective), some protect longer than others, some protect against some types of contamination better than others, some are easier to apply and remove, and some cost more. The key, if there is one, is to find a product you like and use it frequently.

Last edited by jfelbab; 03-21-12 at 05:15 AM.
Old 03-21-12, 11:18 AM
hms09
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Glare car polish

Thanks for the responses. I think I will try the opticoat.

Harry