Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Question for the Zaino users....

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-11, 10:05 AM
LX311
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for the Zaino users....

Hi... I've been reading up on the product called Zaino and am wondering if there is anything to use if you are just washing your car other than the car wash soap. I'll use the Zaino - CS since I have the clear bra, but is there anything to use once your car has been washed to make it look nicer?? I have the Stargazer color.... not sure that matters for just washing.

I could have missed something in my reading...so many Zaino products and I got a little confused. My car is brand new and didn't think I needed to do so much to it yet. I do plan on figuring out the whole process - clay bar etc after I've had the car for a bit longer.

Also, do any of you use the polishing pads? Are they any good?

Thank you!
Tanja
Old 10-22-11, 07:49 PM
Dailow
Driver School Candidate

Read this thread stickied at the top of this forum:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...l-himself.html

Post #5 is particularly helpful in describing the Zaino process, but to summarize it quickly:

1) Wash car with Dawn to remove previous waxes.
2) Clay bar
3) Wash/Rinse car again (some people skip this step)
4) Polish car (remove swirls, usually by machine)
5) Apply protectant/sealant

Step #4 is commonly done with a dual-action random orbital buffer for enthusiasts. It's possible to apply product by hand, but nowhere near as effective as doing it by machine.

You could theoretically skip that step and go straight to #5, assuming you don't care if your car has swirls in the paint. The main benefit then would mainly be for protection from the elements.

You can go straight to applying Z-CS, or apply a layer of Z2 or Z5 first, and the a layer of Z-CS to finish it off. Layering products under Z-CS should theoretically make your car look shinier/glossier.
Old 10-23-11, 02:50 AM
LX311
Driver School Candidate

Thank you Dailow.... that helps alot! So many products and a little confusing at first.

Tanja
Old 10-31-11, 07:08 AM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Good advice from Dailo. I would add however, to not use aything to polish that contains oils of fillers, as this could impede the bonding of zaino to the surface.