Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Day Spent Detailing Lexus IS

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-11, 12:02 AM
omgitsjoe
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Day Spent Detailing Lexus IS

Well it was a beautiful day here in the NY Tri State area and i spent the entire afternoon detailing the ride and prepared it for the winter months !! A wash , a few coats of polish/wax and the obligatory tire shine !! Thanks for peeking !

Old 10-09-11, 01:41 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Looks really good.. You should list the products you used...
Old 10-09-11, 05:53 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Very nice! It's a shame to think of how it will look in few months after snow and salt season arrives. I'm dreading winter already. I put my garage queen in storage a few days ago and have also prepped my daily driver for the onslaught.
Old 10-09-11, 02:42 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Talking

Originally Posted by jfelbab
Very nice! It's a shame to think of how it will look in few months after snow and salt season arrives. I'm dreading winter already. I put my garage queen in storage a few days ago and have also prepped my daily driver for the onslaught.
Yes, I'm dreading the onslaught as well. It's very hard getting up in the morning to 53° and leaving the office when it's 72°, so I feel your pain. (I used to live in MI, so I can actually sympathize, FYI...)

Big Mack
Old 10-09-11, 03:06 PM
omgitsjoe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jfelbab
Originally Posted by Big Mack
Yes, I'm dreading the onslaught as well. It's very hard getting up in the morning to 53° and leaving the office when it's 72°, so I feel your pain. (I used to live in MI, so I can actually sympathize, FYI...)

Big Mack
Ohhh ............. i can only imagine that winter day after running thru snow and salt UGH !! Well i guess it's good to prepare for the winter to ensure the harshness doesn't damage the paint too , too much !!
Old 10-09-11, 03:10 PM
omgitsjoe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Looks really good.. You should list the products you used...
ONR
Zaino Z2 Polish
Zaino Z-AIO
Zaino-8 Gand Finale Spray
Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel
Old 10-09-11, 05:32 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Looks good!
Old 10-09-11, 05:39 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Simple and clean! Keep up the good work, especially over the winter
Old 10-09-11, 05:44 PM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by omgitsjoe
ONR
Zaino Z2 Polish
Zaino Z-AIO
Zaino-8 Gand Finale Spray
Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel
Car looks Gorgeous. I would have done Z -AIO, then the Z2 and Z8 though. Excellent work though!
Old 10-14-11, 05:36 AM
omgitsjoe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Looks good!
Thank you Hoovey

Originally Posted by eyezack87
Simple and clean! Keep up the good work, especially over the winter
well over the winter i try to use the ONR mixed with Poorboy's Spray & Gloss which works well ! I try not to use the automated car wash by me but sometimes during the winter its just one huuge mess

Originally Posted by Lust4Lexus
Car looks Gorgeous. I would have done Z -AIO, then the Z2 and Z8 though. Excellent work though!
Oh i did do it that way. My bad ..... i was just listing the products used and wasn't cognizant to the order of use
Old 10-14-11, 06:08 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by omgitsjoe
Thank you Hoovey

well over the winter i try to use the ONR mixed with Poorboy's Spray & Gloss which works well ! I try not to use the automated car wash by me but sometimes during the winter its just one huuge mess
I have been using a Laser touch-less wash in the winter and have not had any marring or damage to the paint. I don't have a heated garage and it gets pretty cold here in WI. Too cold to wash even with rinse-less products at least for me. Besides I don't trust Rinseless and Waterless washes safety on cars that are covered with salt and sand grime from driving the freeways in our winters.

I seal the car and top with a coat of Meg's #16 before winter weather sets in and then when it gets cold and snowy I run the car through the Touch-less every week to get all the salt and crud off. I take it home and do a wipe own with a QD and then apply a mist-on-wipe off wax. Car comes out of winter still beading water, feeling slick and looking clean.

FWIW, talk to the car wash owner about a season pass. It'll save you a lot of money. I bought a pack of 16 wash codes for $50 last year. These were the codes for the deluxe wash which included the undercarriage rinse and regular price was $8.00 each.