Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Roll Up Car Cover

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-02, 10:38 PM
Cosm
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Roll Up Car Cover

I once saw an infomercial on a car cover that rolled up into a container and was stored in the trunk. Has anybody else seen it ? If so what was it called ? It was a cover that could be put on or taken off in a few seconds. If anybody has seen it please let me know. Thanks
Old 09-24-02, 09:25 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cosm,

I've searched online, but I'm coming up with a big goose-egg on this.

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?
Old 09-24-02, 09:38 PM
Cosm
Pole Position

I must have been the only fool up at that hour oh well, thanks for your help Wanted a cover that goes on and off quickly as I have had problems recently with people sticking gum on my car . I guess it's time to get a security camera installed
Old 09-30-02, 02:58 AM
Midian
Driver School Candidate

The factory Lexus car cover is pretty darn nice. It even rolls up into a little bag attached to the cover by straps. It is a lightweight 3-layer construction that seems pretty durable. However, the best part is that you don’t need to run a cable under the car to secure the cover. Instead, with the Lexus covers, you just close the bag into the trunk to secure it. No more getting down on your knees trying to fish the darn cable under the car in the middle of the night!

If you are concerned about how quickly you can put on and take off the cover. I have to rate the Lexus cover as a 10 out of 10. Since the Lexus cover is secured by the straps attached to the bag in the trunk, one person can easily fold up the cover even on a windy day. I just lift up the cover in the back first, lift and hold the cover from the front, then flip the sides of the cover to the middle for rolling. The bag in the trunk keeps the rear side from falling off the car while you are doing this folding. Considering that I do this fold and unfold exercise every time I drive the car, I have become pretty quick. I can cover or uncover the car in about 60 seconds.

I have used multiple car covers, but I really like the Lexus car cover the best.

http://www.lexus.com/showroom/model/...car_cover.html

Last edited by Midian; 09-30-02 at 03:06 AM.