Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

New Product - Wheel Woolies!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-11, 09:05 AM
Nick@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Product - Wheel Woolies!

Do your wheel barrels look like this? Have you been struggling to find a brush that makes cleaning wheel barrels and other hard to areas a breeze? Well if you ask me, you can never have too broad of a selection for cleaning and maintaining your car. We all know that some wheels (ok, most wheels) can be a hassle to properly clean. The never ending search for the perfect wheel brush continues. With every new wheel and tire care brush and tool introduced, you're one step closer to finding the perfect brush or tool that makes cleaning your wheels that much easier.

We're excited to announce that Wheel Woolies are now available on Autogeek. If you've never heard of a Wheel Woolie, it's a long handle brush that features a super soft lambswool head for safe, effective cleaning of wheel barrels. Primarily designed to clean wheel barrels, you will find a million and one uses for these unique detailing tools. Available in a 3-pack that comes with several different sizes, you'll be sure to find a use for each one.

Wheel Woolies come in a 3-pack that includes a 19", 12", and 8" size. The handles are constructed of durable plastic that's thick enough for a firm grip, but thin enough to aid in cleaning of tight spaces.

Just like you would normally clean a wheel, spray down the entire wheel including the barrel with your favorite wheel cleaner of choice. Ensure wheels are cool to the touch before cleaning.

Dunk a Wheel Woolie in a bucket filled with your favorite wash solution and start scrubbing!

Although natural lambswool is super soft, it's tightly wrapped on the handle to provide the necessary cleaning ability to remove stubborn brake dust and road grime.

The largest Wheel Woolie is 19" long which makes it perfect for scrubbing wheel barrels of wide wheels often found on sports cars.

Use the 12" and the 8" Wheel Woolies to clean tight spots such as in between brake calipers, grills, exhaust pipes, and narrow spoke wheels.

After you finish cleaning the wheel barrels with the Wheel Woolies, clean the face of the wheel using a super soft Boar's Hair 20" Wheel Brush and rinse clean!

To prevent water spots, dry the wheel using a Microfiber All Purpose & Wheel Detailing Towel.

Check out how squeaky clean those wheel barrels are!

Apply your favorite tire dressing and you're finished.

Wheel Woolies make cleaning stubborn wheel barrels quick and easy. The lambswool is soft enough for even the most delicate finishes, but it also has the necessary scrubbing ability to effectively clean wheel barrels and other hard to reach areas.

Work smart, and not hard, with Wheel Woolies.
Old 08-18-11, 10:49 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the ez detail brush and like it a lot. how does this one compare to it?
Old 08-19-11, 10:04 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jetfire
+1 would also like to know.
Old 08-19-11, 10:16 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by PaPaHoFF
+1 would also like to know.
I also have been using the EZ detail brush for getting the barrel of the wheels...

From what I have heard, the people that have tried the wheel woolies SWEAR by them. The problem with the EZ detail brush is that the brake dust residue splatters as you are pulling the brush out from the inside of the wheel and it gets all over your clothes. Personally, it hasn't been a big issue for me, but the wheel woolies eliminate this problem altogether which is nice. No more splatter.

I don't wear nice clothes when I wash my car so I could care less if they get dirty, but for those who are concerned, the woolies might just be the solution. I'd buy some to try them out but not at that price...
Old 08-19-11, 11:50 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
I also have been using the EZ detail brush for getting the barrel of the wheels...

From what I have heard, the people that have tried the wheel woolies SWEAR by them. The problem with the EZ detail brush is that the brake dust residue splatters as you are pulling the brush out from the inside of the wheel and it gets all over your clothes. Personally, it hasn't been a big issue for me, but the wheel woolies eliminate this problem altogether which is nice. No more splatter.

I don't wear nice clothes when I wash my car so I could care less if they get dirty, but for those who are concerned, the woolies might just be the solution. I'd buy some to try them out but not at that price...
i absolutely hate the splatter of the EZ brushes.. i detail as a profession currently and it sucks since it gets over all of my clothes and skin
Old 08-19-11, 12:55 PM
Nick@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From personal experience, I find the EZ Detail more effective at cleaning certain parts of the wheel, especially behind wheel spokes. The flexible stem of the EZ Detail makes the brush of choice for cleaning behind spokes because it's flexible.

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
. I'd buy some to try them out but not at that price...
They're built extremely well, and come in a 3-pack, all of which are a different size. If you're a professional detailer or if you're just meticulous about keeping your wheels clean, they're a great tool to have. That, and we price match, so if you find them cheaper elsewhere don't be shy and send us an email.

Originally Posted by PaPaHoFF
i absolutely hate the splatter of the EZ brushes.. i detail as a profession currently and it sucks since it gets over all of my clothes and skin

That's a trade-off with the EZ Detail Brush. One thing you can do to make less splatter is to rotate the brush as you pull it out. It also helps if you slowly pull the brush out.