Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

How To: Effectively Eliminate Odors Using a Fogger

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-11, 10:20 AM
Nick@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How To: Effectively Eliminate Odors Using a Fogger

Have you ever purchased a used vehicle that was previously owned by a smoker, or accidentally left food in your car over night? I think most of us have encountered at least one of those scenarios, the latter especially.

There is no need to live with the stale smell of food, smoke, perspiration, or mildew any longer because with the DP Dual Action Odor Eliminator, all those foul odors are encapsulated and destroyed - for good.

Max made us work late last night but was nice enough to buy us all dinner from the local burger joint. A total of 17 meals were transported in the vehicle that was used to pick up the food, and the smell didn't sit well over night. My co-worker came to me this morning asking what could be done about the smell, and I decided that this would be the perfect opportunity to demonstrate how to use the DP Dual Action Odor Eliminator.

The DP Dual Action Odor Eliminator works two ways; as an air freshener or as a fogger. For this test I'm going to demonstrate the fogger function. One or two bursts is not going to eliminate this odor, so using the entire can as a fogger is going to be necessary.

The Odor Eliminators are available in five scents; French Vanilla, Just Detailed, Cool Mint Chocolate, Tropical Breeze, and Cinnamon Stick. Since it is her daily driver I let her decide which scent she wanted to use, and she picked Tropical Breeze.

For best results, the vehicle needs to be sealed completely prior to using the Odor Eliminator. All windows and doors need to be shut to ensure a tight seal. Place the Odor Eliminator on a flat surface as low as you can go in the vehicle, and press the tab down completely until it locks.

Here is how the trigger looks before being locked in place. Notice the tab? The tab locks underneath the lip when pressed down completely. This allows the entire contents of the can to be released, making it a fogger.

After locking the tab and placing the fogger in the vehicle, shut the door and wait two hours. After two hours have passed, open the doors or windows and let the space ventilate for at least 30 minutes before entering.

After two hours had passed, I went outside and opened the door and it was noticeable right away that the smell of burgers and fries had been replaced with the smell of a tropical breeze.

Whether being used as an air freshener, or an odor eliminating fogger, the DP Dual Action Odor Eliminator does not disappoint. The scent was refreshing and by no means overpowering.

Detailer's Pro Dual Action Odor Eliminator
Old 05-14-11, 01:13 PM
boostinsc
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Nick this sounds good am looking forward to this out.
Old 05-14-11, 05:07 PM
boostinsc
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

i miss that new car smell it used to have a year ago
Old 05-15-11, 01:31 PM
BlairC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does this leave a film on surfaces or windows that needs to be dealt with?
Old 05-16-11, 06:17 AM
Nick@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlairC
does this leave a film on surfaces or windows that needs to be dealt with?
It didn't leave any film or residue on the windows or any other surface of the vehicle being tested.