Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.
Old 12-16-14, 10:22 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Cleaning and Detailing Guides
Print Wikipost

Removing cigarettes smell ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-11, 09:19 PM
MrBruin09
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ozium, Ozium, Ozium! I had made a thread a couple of months ago about a rancid smell coming from the interior of my car, it smelled like smoke and mold combined. I used Ozium and the smell is completely gone.

Spray your entire car, and with your windows rolled up, Let Ozium work overnight and then let the car air out the next day. Make Sure you are not in the car while you are spraying as it is very dangerous to inhale.

Also, turn your air conditioner on high and let the air circulate from inside your car so Ozium can work through your entire Air filter system.

Good luck.
Old 04-05-11, 10:35 PM
tenspeed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xsh0tya
Its just wierd that it started after a couple of days....
Maybe they covered the smell and it wore off....

I would suspect the headliner was sprayed with the odor eliminator. Carpets will hold the smell too.
Old 04-05-11, 10:51 PM
JLAM
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take it to a professional detail shop. Have them do a hot water extraction on the carpets. Then leather cleaner/conditioner. And ask them to run an ozone machine in the car. The ozone machine will kill the odors, bacteria, mold, etc. Then spray an odor neutralizer to finish it off.
Old 04-06-11, 12:04 PM
lambert61
Driver School Candidate

Default Cigarette Smell

There is a product you can purchase at any auto supply store. It is called ODOBAN - Usually comes in a large 1 gal container that you can dilute and put in a spray bottle. Gets rid of the smell. My son bought a car that smelled like cigarettes. He bought this product, sprayed the entire interior and it never smelled again.
Old 04-06-11, 12:24 PM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JLAM
Take it to a professional detail shop. Have them do a hot water extraction on the carpets. Then leather cleaner/conditioner. And ask them to run an ozone machine in the car. The ozone machine will kill the odors, bacteria, mold, etc. Then spray an odor neutralizer to finish it off.
That is the way I would go for that smell.
Old 04-06-11, 01:32 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lambert61
There is a product you can purchase at any auto supply store. It is called ODOBAN - Usually comes in a large 1 gal container that you can dilute and put in a spray bottle. Gets rid of the smell. My son bought a car that smelled like cigarettes. He bought this product, sprayed the entire interior and it never smelled again.
that stuff is good. i have a bottle in my house. i think it was like 8 or 9 bucks from home depot but the fact that you can dilute it so much (based on what the chart says for certain smells) that the bottle literally last forever.
Old 04-06-11, 07:33 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Cool

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
but the fact that you can dilute it so much (based on what the chart says for certain smells) that the bottle literally last forever.
Prove it. I want to hear that you still have it in 50 years or have passed it on in your will.

I agree with most of the above posters - you have two options, buy the odor/bacteria killing chems or have a detailer do the work. Strange that there was a delay in the release, but it is what it is at this point.

Big Mack