Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

What are your exterior/interior care schedules? Best products?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-11, 03:53 PM
ebenz315
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are your exterior/interior care schedules? Best products?

I have done a forum search, but to no avail, for a list of the top interior and exterior products...I recently purchased a 2011 RX350, coming from a 2002 Honda Accord EX V6...so basically, all of a sudden, I care about my car--inside and out...I may be obsessed.

I did purchase the IBEX protection film, and interior protection plan, prior to finding this forum. Since then, I have found that most people say it is not needed, but I like the fact that for 7 years, my interior is protected from most things that will probably happen within that time. My plan protects me for pretty much everything you can think of on the interior (stains, spills, blood,fading, cracking of leather, dash, slice in leather up to 6 inches...etc) for me, just that alone is worth it....

I have heard that the paint protection is a big money making deal for the dealerships, but its too late now, so I would like to preserve that coating for however long it may be there....(does anyone know?)

My main question here is, what are your absolute favorite products for interior and exterior? Lexus did provide me with some products from IBEX (ext. wash, paint protectant, interior cleanser, interior protectant), but they are all about 6 oz size and clearly will not last long...
and I have been unable to locate the company that manufactures them...

I am looking to do some online shopping, and and curious about how everyone cares for their Lexus'....do you have a cleaning routine? Do you use certain products at different time?...weekly, monthly, yearly? And what are you favorite products for getting the job done? Thanks for all your input!
Old 04-01-11, 06:26 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Have you checked out some of the forum's sponsors? Check out their websites...they have nothing but the best products and alot of write-ups on how to do this stuff properly.

http://detailersdomain.com/
http://www.detailedimage.com/
http://www.properautocare.com/
http://www.autogeek.net/
Old 04-01-11, 06:44 PM
cadfael_te
Rookie

Can personally speak to the great service from detailers domain and autogeek. I'd look at the detailing forums a bit too. There are so many products and a lot of really good lines of products out there. You can get really involved with many different aspects of detailing.
Old 04-01-11, 06:55 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by cadfael_te
Can personally speak to the great service from detailers domain and autogeek. I'd look at the detailing forums a bit too. There are so many products and a lot of really good lines of products out there. You can get really involved with many different aspects of detailing.
+1

That's exactly why I didn't mention any specific products because honestly, there aren't too many products that are a clear "BEST" simply because alot of it is personal preference and there are ALOT of very good and comparable products out there.
Old 04-01-11, 07:41 PM
ebenz315
Rookie

Thanks! I will check those out!
Old 04-09-11, 03:20 PM
MsLucy350
Rookie

I tend to use Meguires NXT line a lot, it's pretty simple to use, wax goes on and comes off easy, and the interior cleaner smells quite nice, and you can buy it at most auto shops.

If you don't mind spending a little more $ and ordering online I've found nothing I've tried compares to the Zaino products. My 2003 350z was pretty grungy and I used a porter cable and the zaino products and spent a day on it, and it looked like new when I was done.

I wash my IS when it looks dirty, and use the meguires quick detail spray after every time, and about once a month I wax it with meguires nxt wax. I clay bar it about once every 3 months. I do need to order more zaino though cause I like it a lot more than the meguires
Old 04-09-11, 10:51 PM
bsl888
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Meguiars has a new product called Ultimate Liquid Wax that is synthetic and suppose to be their longest lasting product. I use Zaino on all my cars but is tempted to try this product. It's suppose to be better than their NXT line. The Ultimate Liquid Wax will not leave white residue, just like Zaino.