Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Zaino Brothers Car Polish

Old 07-15-02, 07:57 AM
Rico's Revenge
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Zaino Brothers Car Polish

Guys, I tried this stuff after reading a thread on here where there was nothing but praise. I took a couple of days and I am VERY, VERY impressed. The first time out is a mother, but upkeep afterwards is easy. My pearl glows now, it is absolutely amazing.

I would post pics, however, if you've seen one picture of a clean car, you've seen them all and a photo doesn't do it justice.

http://www.zainobros.com/

I also was lucky enough to find a dealer here in the Dallas area (in Irving) so I didn't have to send a check in (they don't do Credit Cards).

The other thing I liked was calling their contact number and being walked through which products I needed to get going and why, by one of the brothers themselves.

Check it out!!!

Todd
Old 07-15-02, 08:13 AM
mcgong
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't agree with you more, I use Zaino on my whole car, including the windows and wheels.
Old 07-15-02, 08:38 AM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

which one do you suggest for a black GS
Old 07-15-02, 08:53 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Did you use the new ZFX stuff?
Old 07-15-02, 09:05 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Another satisfied Zainoite!!!

I love this stuff, even getting some for my mother-in-law's ES (which used to be wifey's car prior to buying her an RX).

Todd, "glow" is exactly right!!! Pearl White seems to be lit from beneath the paint!!!
Old 07-15-02, 09:41 AM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Default Zaino

which one do you suggest for a black GS
On a black GS you should use(double check the instructions on zainobros.com) the Z18 - Claybar, Z-1 Pre-Lok, the Z-5 Swirl Remover and the Z-3 for NON CLearcoat finishes, I have heard the Z-6 works well as an in-between full applications, and I have also heard good reviews on the ZFX accelerator. Here's what black looks like after a Zaino Treatment.
Attached Thumbnails Zaino Brothers Car Polish-johnsgs_ltuned1.jpg  
Old 07-15-02, 11:20 AM
Rico's Revenge
Lead Lap

I did use the ZFX stuff and it worked as billed...however, since I haven't used the Z-1 before, I have nothing to compare it to.

I was shocked how light it goes on, you have to get used to it after using "normal" waxes and polishes that you "cake" on. I guess thats why you have to do multiple coats.

T
Old 07-15-02, 11:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by Rico's Revenge
I did use the ZFX stuff and it worked as billed...however, since I haven't used the Z-1 before, I have nothing to compare it to.

I was shocked how light it goes on, you have to get used to it after using "normal" waxes and polishes that you "cake" on. I guess thats why you have to do multiple coats.

T
i use zaino on both of my cars and i will never use anything else again, it's awesome. search for the pics i posted in this forum and you will see

i strongly suggest you clay the car and apply z1. it helps to bond all the layers of zaino together. otherwise if you just wash the car and put z2/z3 on whatever the previous wax is, it will be washed away easily. so.... please, z1. it doesn't really give shine to the car, but it bonds stuff together.

and for z6, yes, it will be like a layer of grease on top of your z2/z3 to make the car looks even better i don't have that ZFX stuff coz' i am in cali and it doesn't take long for the thing to haze anyway
Old 07-15-02, 11:44 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

I own all the zanio products but I am still unsure on how many coats of each product to apply. No one has given me a staight answer. And I do own the ZFX. And in the instructions it says don't put more then two-three coats of a ZFX product on a day. But Is that just the wax stage or what? Because I thought you had to do like five coats of JUST the wax and five of the shinner, plus 3-4 coats of the scratch remover....and all of that has ZFX in it.
Old 07-15-02, 11:53 AM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Man this can get confusion.... I guess ZFX is where I will start.
Old 07-15-02, 11:58 AM
mcgong
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by GS400_PUSHER
Man this can get confusion.... I guess ZFX is where I will start.
I would use ZFX so you don't have to wait 45 mins in between coats for the wax to cure. With ZFX you can almost just wipe on the wax and wipe it on in mins.
Old 07-15-02, 12:20 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Another Zaino cult recruit. Welcome.
Old 07-15-02, 12:32 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

After using Zaino for one year I am greatly satisfied. I have around 20+ coats on my car and its amazing !
Old 07-15-02, 12:59 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Tell you the truth ive had my car for a while now.... still have not waxed it...

can yall gimme some clues on how it works?? what i need ?? tricks tips?? my car is silver ...

BTW Tod....

were you @ david Mc. David Car show Sat. night?? i think my friend said he say a nice modded 1st. Gen Gs...
Old 07-15-02, 01:51 PM
Rico's Revenge
Lead Lap

Originally posted by CamRen
BTW Todd....

were you @ david Mc. David Car show Sat. night?? i think my friend said he say a nice modded 1st. Gen Gs...
Yeah that was me...the BMW guys were pissed because I took Best of Class for Euro.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Zaino Brothers Car Polish