Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Black Car - White spots on Bumper - after wash FAIL

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-10, 05:00 PM
ennjay
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Car - White spots on Bumper - after wash FAIL

I have a Black is250 and black is such a 8itch to take care of...

I regularly clay/wax my car every 4-5 months and keep her parked inside the garage most of the time. I just noticed how my front bumper and parts of my hood have these small white specks.

I don't know how they got there but I am thinking they are small rock chips that filled up with wax. Over time the wax turned white and is more visible. True?

What's odd is that if I rub some parts or get a damp rag and wipe over it, they disappear. How the heck do I get rid of this stuff? I hate it and looks really crappy. Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails Black Car - White spots on Bumper - after wash FAIL-img_1030.jpg   Black Car - White spots on Bumper - after wash FAIL-img_1029.jpg   Black Car - White spots on Bumper - after wash FAIL-img_1028.jpg  
Old 04-08-10, 05:05 PM
cmichael
Driver

You might want to check out this site:

http://www.drcolorchip.com/
Old 04-08-10, 05:09 PM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Are those chipped areas or raised textured areas? Judging from your picture it looks to me like "over-spray" if it's slightly raised. Were you around a commercial sprayer or other which released particulates in the air around you?

Careful clay-barring may help. Try a small area around the lower bumper first if you agree. A wax of your choice afterwards would be in order if it successfully removed the material. Otherwise, take it to a professional detailer.

Last edited by Canesguy; 04-08-10 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-08-10, 05:29 PM
ennjay
Rookie

Dr Chip looks intersting.

I did take my car to vegas a few months back and she was my daily so I may have come across some preticulates at sometime. They don't appear to be raised, but more recessed.

I'll try claying it since I have the stuff already.
Old 04-08-10, 08:02 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Welcome to the world of Black cars that's daily driven. I got tons of those on my front bumper and hood too. Have fun touching them up!
Old 04-08-10, 08:32 PM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

i'm planning to have mine repainted then clear bra it.
Old 04-09-10, 03:49 AM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ennjay
I have a Black is250 and black is such a 8itch to take care of...

I regularly clay/wax my car every 4-5 months and keep her parked inside the garage most of the time. I just noticed how my front bumper and parts of my hood have these small white specks.

I don't know how they got there but I am thinking they are small rock chips that filled up with wax. Over time the wax turned white and is more visible. True?

What's odd is that if I rub some parts or get a damp rag and wipe over it, they disappear. How the heck do I get rid of this stuff? I hate it and looks really crappy. Any suggestions?
Those are rock chip. Unfortunately, it happens when you drive you car. It's more evident on yours since your IS is black. There's not much you can do short of repainting the bumper.