Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

How do i clean my leather?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-10, 01:02 AM
RickJames1
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do i clean my leather?

Hey guys so i have bought the meguiars leather cleaning wipes and the spray conditioner. I usually wipe with cleaner then wipe with microfiber. After that i spray the conditioner on and just wipe. My leather sometimes has different looking colors and swirls. I dont think im doing this right. can somebody help me? thanks
Old 04-08-10, 02:00 AM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've used Meguiar's and to be frank with you it's not very good for your leather. It's too oily and too messy, not to mention that over time it will stiffen up your leather. You want to go with something like Woolite / Zaino Z-10 leather in a bottle combo. Or full out Leather Masters, my personal recommendation would 100% be Leather Masters I love that stuff!
Old 04-08-10, 08:44 AM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RickJames1
Hey guys so i have bought the meguiars leather cleaning wipes and the spray conditioner. I usually wipe with cleaner then wipe with microfiber. After that i spray the conditioner on and just wipe. My leather sometimes has different looking colors and swirls. I dont think im doing this right. can somebody help me? thanks
A great system would be the leatherique. You simply apply the rejuvenator oil and allow it to sit on the leather for hours or days depending on the how tired your leather is. This process feeds the hide with a protein and collagen emulsion while also pulling out dirt and impurities.

Follow it up with prestine clean to remove all the gunk pulled from the pores of the hide and your leather will have new life again. You then maintain with prestine clean by simply spraying a mf towel and wiping the seats. You'd do the full process 2-3 times per year.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...que/Categories
Old 04-08-10, 09:48 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree that the Leatherique Prestine Clean and Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil are your best bet for restoring the leather. They do an outstanding job of deep cleaning the surface and helping preserve the leather. We have a step by step guide specifically for Leatherique products in the leather care section of our detailing guide if needed. When used properly the results are outstanding. As always you can save 10% off with the coupon code 10offCL or you can check out our DI Packages Leather Care 16oz kit (no additional discounts available on our kits). Let me know if you have any questions.

Greg @ DI
Old 04-08-10, 11:37 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

+1 for leatherique. thats what i use.
Old 04-08-10, 11:51 AM
rukkus2IS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where to get the cleaning kit for cheaper than $80?
Old 04-08-10, 12:13 PM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rukkus2IS
where to get the cleaning kit for cheaper than $80?
http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...tioning/Detail

Pretty close
Old 04-08-10, 12:16 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RickJames1
this forum is filled with posts about cleaning leather. the search tool is your friend

and, if you dont want to search this sticky on top of the page is VERY informative: all about lexus leather

either way, you are going to have to do a little work to find answers for what you are looking for.