Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Chaos/Mayhem: My Review

Old 11-25-09, 08:32 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Chaos/Mayhem: My Review

I recently received some Victoria Wax Chaos and Mayhem from Chris at Glimmer-Glass Detailing to review (Thanks Chris! ). So I pretty much split my car down the middle to do some side by side comparisons. Crazy idea but oh well, it worked quite nicely. It made for some nice side by side shots that you'll see later.

I saw some slight variations between the 2 that probably aren't in the pictures. My experiences were very similar to other users opinions - easy application, and super easy removal, much like a nice sealant. The looks are great on both waxes. The main difference is that I found that Mayhem had a slight dulling of the flakes and that Chaos made the paint slightly brighter and made the flake pop a bit. Each were more or less equal in terms of wetness after application but if I had to give the award, Mayhem won by just a little bit. Another thing I noticed was that Mayhem was a bit softer than Chaos so I sort of used a bit more product with Mayhem than Chaos (oops).

Anyway, here are a lot of pictures. I did pictures at sun down and during the afternoon when the sun is hottest. My car was prepped with a Dawn/P21S TAW wash to attempt to remove the factory wax (its still on there slightly) and the tires were dressed with Finish Kare 108. Enjoy!

Car was split down the middle from emblem to emblem as straight as I could for this review...

Chaos on the left, Mayhem on the right...

After waxing each half with 3 coats of Chaos and Mayhem...

Sun Down shots
Full hood shot with Chaos being the closest and Mayhem on the farthest...

Mayhem on the hood...

Chaos on the hood...

Mayhem on the roof...

Chaos on the roof...

Mayhem on the trunk...

Chaos on the trunk...

Mayhem side...

Chaos side...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Afternoon shots

Old 11-25-09, 08:33 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Mayhem side...

Chaos side...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full body shots just because I can

You guys have to keep in mind that I'm using a point and shoot camera so the pics might not be as clear as in person. Also, to answer the sweating issue, I have not seen any yet. There was a 1 day gap between the sun down and the afternoon shots. I'll keep you updated on it though

Beading shots! They're pretty much identical

My verdict:
I seriously love both waxes. They're like a perfect pair. Chaos is bright and sharp while Mayhem is dark and deep. To be honest, I never looked at Victoria until now and needless to say, I'll be picking up the full versions once they come out. Of course, my favorite is Chaos as of now. I'm loving its looks a bit more than Mayhem. These 2 will definitely have a place in my arsenal . Thanks once again Chris for giving me the opportunity to test this new wax coming out for sale next year

Also, some shots are off since I'm using a point and shoot instead of a DSLR. Please keep that in mind

My next test will be Mayhem layered on top of Chaos so stay tuned
Old 11-25-09, 08:50 PM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome man! Great review, Thanks!

I too love Chaos! Applied it to the M a few weeks ago and it still looks amazing!

And just to note, we are the only Victoria Wax dealer in the US! (well, pakshak is too, but they're in HI).
We've stood behind Victoria Wax for quite a few years now and have always admired their products! They make some very high quality stuff that everyone will enjoy using.

And finally, we do have a few samples of Chaos and Mayhem left. We'll be throwing this in orders over the weekend. consider it an early stocking stuffer
Old 11-26-09, 08:25 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was not a crazy idea at all. Props to you for the side by side comparison and review of these products. Too me it seems like Mayhem stood out to me more but the results look almost identical. Good job and thanks for posting!
Old 11-26-09, 09:01 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks for sharing.. Were these the Free samples or did you purchase them seperately.. I like the Mayhem but again both look identical.. THanks again..

Tony
Old 11-27-09, 11:11 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

eyezack, big for taking the time to do this. silly question, but what did you do about the area that had tape on it? did you move the tape over and use one product or leave it on unprotected?
Old 11-27-09, 02:59 PM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
This was not a crazy idea at all. Props to you for the side by side comparison and review of these products. Too me it seems like Mayhem stood out to me more but the results look almost identical. Good job and thanks for posting!
I think some of that may have been a lighting thing though. Looks like the one side had a little more shade, giving the appearance of more depth. I know Isaac will correct me if I'm wrong though
Old 11-27-09, 11:08 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Originally Posted by Chris@GlimmerGlass
Awesome man! Great review, Thanks!

I too love Chaos! Applied it to the M a few weeks ago and it still looks amazing!

And just to note, we are the only Victoria Wax dealer in the US! (well, pakshak is too, but they're in HI).
We've stood behind Victoria Wax for quite a few years now and have always admired their products! They make some very high quality stuff that everyone will enjoy using.

And finally, we do have a few samples of Chaos and Mayhem left. We'll be throwing this in orders over the weekend. consider it an early stocking stuffer
Glad you liked the review man . Any idea on pricing on the wax so far? Seems to be a keeper with the beads as tight as Colli 845 and the sharpness/depth included
Originally Posted by MrG4Life
Haha, thanks. I got a lot of weird stares on my street for doing it. To be terribly honest, my 10.1mp Sony camera sucks. Well, any point and shoot is terrible for review purposes but thats all I had haha. I'll eventually borrow my friends DSLR to do real shots though
Originally Posted by tmf2004
Thanks for sharing.. Were these the Free samples or did you purchase them seperately.. I like the Mayhem but again both look identical.. THanks again..

Tony
Hehe, is anything free nowadays? . Its all good man, the looks are pretty much as I described. Besides, I'm super OCD about this so I notice the little things. A normal user will be hard pressed to notice any difference between the 2
Originally Posted by varcity64
eyezack, big for taking the time to do this. silly question, but what did you do about the area that had tape on it? did you move the tape over and use one product or leave it on unprotected?
That area I just left "unprotected," but then again, unprotected is in quotes since the dealer wax is still on there. OR its my theory that brand new paint haven't had its pores raped by the environment so the pores are still very small. Its a crude way of putting it but it makes sense if you think about it. I'll be posting up a theory in places pretty soon as well as somehow borrowing a microscope to test it
Originally Posted by Chris@GlimmerGlass
I think some of that may have been a lighting thing though. Looks like the one side had a little more shade, giving the appearance of more depth. I know Isaac will correct me if I'm wrong though
Yup yup, thats definitely a factor Chris. In fact, unless I did this in a place with 360 degree equal lighting hitting the same spots on the car as the other side, it will probably be distorted in pics haha
Old 11-28-09, 01:52 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

How come the Chaos has similar sized water bubbles while the Mayhem's water bubbles are all over the place in term of size?
Old 11-28-09, 05:25 PM
DvSiR
Lead Lap

chaos and mayhem. lol. sounds like a good pair!
Old 11-30-09, 01:10 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Originally Posted by huy33
How come the Chaos has similar sized water bubbles while the Mayhem's water bubbles are all over the place in term of size?
I was using a normal sprayer when doing it. It was air compressed one so I held the button down too long for one side haha. It did rain these past couple days though and they are identical when I looked outside
Originally Posted by DvSiR
chaos and mayhem. lol. sounds like a good pair!
With Victoria's tendency for normal looking containers, the name and performance is the factors for me to buy it since it has no scent
Old 12-22-09, 07:47 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Last update. Beading is more or less the same as before. Definitely a keeper wax. Also, pricing has been given out for 2010 and its a great price!

Later this week I'll probably remove it to review another wax for you guys. I'll do a durability test next time around haha. Its about time for the monthly rewax