Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

GlimmerGlassDetailing is proud to announce

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-09, 06:26 AM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GlimmerGlassDetailing is proud to announce

That we are now an authorized dealer for Second Skin Audio Automotive Insulation Products! You can check out the new product page here, Second Skin Audio Products. We have our first shipment coming in on 10/8 (and most of it sold already!). If you're not familiar with Second Skin Audio, they manufacture the highest quality sound deadening material available on the market today. With proper application, you can expect a MUCH quieter ride, reducing road and wind noise, silencing the squeaks and rattles of the vehicle and improving the quality of your radio or aftermarket system. The benefits to applying Second Skin Audio products is endless.

I've had it applied to my daily driver since 06 and love it! I did the floor, doors, back wall, roof and wheel wells of my S10. The doors shut more solidly, I cant even tell when rain is hitting the roof, the radio doesnt have to be played nearly as loud (since other noises arent drowning it out) and overall, its just so nice to have a quiet ride!

Local guys are of course welcome to save on shipping costs and pick it up in person. And with the weight of a large order, I'd recommend it! Free shipping does still apply for orders over 185.00 though.

Damplifier Pro: Available in 13 square feet, 20 square feet, and 36 square feet

Spectrum Sludge in 1 Gallon Size

Luxury Liner, Acoustic Barrier

Overkill Noise Filter

And of course we have wooden hand rollers and contact spray adhesive available to assist in your installations
Old 10-22-09, 12:59 PM
samathews
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK Chris, this is interesting and I'm looking at something a little different than you would expect. I just purchased an under-the-counter wine cooler and the fan that cools the compressor is very loud. Any idea if I used Luxury Liner to line the "compartment" the wine cooler is in, if that would have a reasonable reduction? The fan is similar to those used in computers, but is AC and quite powerful and loud.

I've considered replacing the fan with something quieter, but it is not easy to get to and I don't want to take apart the cooler.

Thanks.
Old 10-22-09, 01:21 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! How cool! If only I had the guts to remove the headliner in my Camry. The darn thing makes the loudest "thud" when I put the visor back up lol...

Great idea Chris!