Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

which is better? leather masters or leatherique?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-09, 08:33 AM
stock_sc
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default which is better? leather masters or leatherique?

i thought i should ask this... i often hear of people recommending leatherique but now im hearing leather masters being recommended also. so has anyone done a comparo? which one is the better product? also can you feel that much of a difference since our leathers are coated. thanks in advance..
Old 08-23-09, 10:47 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

never used leather masters, so i cannot give an unbiased opinion. personally, i think the leatherique system is designed for cars with older leather that has dirt embedded into the leather. the way leatherique works is by applying the conditioner on top of the leather and letting it penetrate into the leather to exfoliate all the dirt to the surface while softening the leather at the same time. after letting the conditioner sit in for a while, you clean the off the conditioner with the cleaner leaving your leather looking very clean and softer. i have used this stuff on a friends car and was absolutely stunned by the results, so i highly recommend this stuff as long as your leather is in need of some deep penetrating cleaning. definitely worth the money
Old 08-24-09, 08:10 AM
DaSyce
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm no expert.

But I've tried both more than once.

In my honest opinion, Leatherique demonstrated the most change in increasing the softness, and it seemed that the leather was rejuvenated. Leatherique only seems to work on a hot summer day, and I leave it in all day.

One negative of the product is that it can over soften the leather. (Which seems to cause more wrinkles.)

My 2 cents.
Old 08-24-09, 09:15 AM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

:shrug: never used LM, but similar to the two above, I love Leatherique