Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Hello from Autopia Car Care!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-08, 09:28 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ultima car care products are very expensive. I a sure their is great quality to them, but can anyone provide experience with these items. I am thinking of taking a plunge for some new vinyl detailer.
Old 11-01-13, 02:58 PM
rx350drivr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone tried the sheepskin wheel cleaner listed here in the autopia website?

The RX350 does not seem to be producing as much brake dust as my other brand cars. I have less than 2500 miles on it and perhaps that has something to do with it. I have purchased the recommended boars hair brush and the special lug nut brush since they come in contact with clear coated areas. But I am wondering if it is an overkill to buy the Daytona wheel brush which is not required to touch the clear coated areas. The reviews seem to lean towards the Daytona wheel brush. I have 19" rims and the space between the spokes seems enough to let this brush inside. I am looking for an economical solution
Old 11-04-13, 08:22 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by rx350drivr
Has anyone tried the sheepskin wheel cleaner listed here in the autopia website?

The RX350 does not seem to be producing as much brake dust as my other brand cars. I have less than 2500 miles on it and perhaps that has something to do with it. I have purchased the recommended boars hair brush and the special lug nut brush since they come in contact with clear coated areas. But I am wondering if it is an overkill to buy the Daytona wheel brush which is not required to touch the clear coated areas. The reviews seem to lean towards the Daytona wheel brush. I have 19" rims and the space between the spokes seems enough to let this brush inside. I am looking for an economical solution
wow, talk about bringing back a thread from the dead...

Some common, similar products used for wheel cleaning are the Wheel Woolies. They come in 3 sizes or you can purchase them in a kit. These work great at cleaning in between spokes, barrels of wheels, and other hard to reach spots. If you are simply looking for a safe brush to use on the faces of your wheels, I would recommend a premium boar's hair wheel brush.

-Zach