Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Need Help and Advice About Paint Chip?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-08, 11:59 AM
whoisrhp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help and Advice About Paint Chip?

Hey guys after a month of bad clear bra installations done at Lexus of Glendale I am finally getting a refund on my clear bra installation. I have been having problems with my door edge guards on my 08 is 350, they film kept protruding up from and would not stay put on the door edge. I finally talked with the General Service Manager, he told me that 3m finally admited that they have been having defects with there door edge guards. So I told him I want my clear bra removed. But I noticed that I now have paint chips on the inside of my door edge guards, this was done by the installer either by doing a bad clear bra installation or the many repeated attempts and redoing the clear bra installation. I told the General Manager about the paint chips on the inside of the door edge. He said that he would paint those chips. I requested that Lexus give me a complimentary removal of the clear bra and if there is any other paint chips from the removal, because of bad installation that they repaint and touch up the chips.

My question is guys how will they repaint or retouch up the spots on my car? Im dont' know how the process for repainting a car goes but im pretty sure they will only use like retouching paint of some kind. If they paint is not properly repainting won't the paint peel right off when I get my clear bra installed somewhere else? Is there some kind of special repainting procedure I need to tell them and request? Because I don't want my car returned with cheap touch up paint that peels right off when you touch it. Do you think lexus will do that to my car and then if the paint peels off, blame me saying that I caused the paint chip and that they repainted my car?

Im really concerned about this because the dealership doesn't seem to be doing a good job or really care about how my car turns out.

Please guys anyhelp?
Old 10-14-08, 12:32 PM
kikaida
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If its a chip.......
What i do is:

1. Clean the surface and make sure its dry.

2. Take your color matched paint and a tooth pick

3. Dabb enough paint to fill in the chip, let dry and repeat.

4. Keep on doing it until the paint is slightly higher than the surface of your OE paint.

5. take a high grip sand paper and carefully try and sand only the painted part you did.

6. When it looks even take a good rubbing compound and finish it off.