Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Best leather cleaner/conditioner

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-08, 11:55 PM
Pivo154
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best leather cleaner/conditioner

What is a really good leather cleaner/conditioner? I used the meguirs wipes for a bit but is there anything thats better?
Old 04-30-08, 12:07 AM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Zainos and OEM Lexus leather cleaner for me..
Old 04-30-08, 06:18 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

OEM cleaner/conditioner

check out the detailing section......
Old 04-30-08, 06:19 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes I saw the OEM stuff in BRIAN231's car and it looked really good. I was pretty impressed with how well it looked. I need to give it a try!
Old 04-30-08, 06:32 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
Yes I saw the OEM stuff in BRIAN231's car and it looked really good. I was pretty impressed with how well it looked. I need to give it a try!
Ah, you all beat me to the punch!! Yes, I love the OEM cleaner, conditioner and vinyl low gloss. In all my years of buying all kinds of products because I am a detail fanatic, I like this OEM stuff the best. I should post some pics. it is not greasy at all either.
Old 04-30-08, 09:04 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Brian231
Ah, you all beat me to the punch!! Yes, I love the OEM cleaner, conditioner and vinyl low gloss. In all my years of buying all kinds of products because I am a detail fanatic, I like this OEM stuff the best. I should post some pics. it is not greasy at all either.
I like it a lot too! (I am freak when it comes to keeping the inside of my car clean). I must say, it does make the seats noisey for the first couple of days after use.
Old 04-30-08, 09:19 AM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

I was going to buy the OEM stuff the other day, but the parts person at Lexus of Pembroke Pines told me that they were given a stop-order on the products by Lexus and they were not given a reason why. He said they'd been using it for years with no problem though. I ended up getting both cleaner and conditioner from Lexol. I've heard many people use these on expensive high-end leather products such as horse saddles and what not as well as cars. I'm very happy with the results. It was a little oily for 5-6 hours until it fully dried, now its great.
Old 05-09-08, 09:28 AM
ExclusiveAutoDetail
Former Sponsor

I use Zaino 9 and Zaino 10. They are great stuff. Check them out!

www.zainobros.com

they also smell good!
Old 05-12-08, 04:27 AM
elibutton
Rookie

Default Lexus leather cleaner and polish

I just cleaned and polished my GS430's leather seats last weekend. I went to the Lexus dealer and bought their Lexus leather cleaner and polish (2 bottles) and it worked out great. It's a simple 2 step process: first spray on the cleaner and use a soft cloth to wipe your leather seats clean. Second - apply the leather conditioner onto a clean cloth and polish the leather. The results were great and I was very happy. I have grey leather seats, and couldn't believe how dirty they were (the white cloth turned dark grey). I also did the dash and every piece of leather in the car. Now I slip and slide all over my clean leather seats.

A few tips: Make sure the leather seats are cold - - park the car in the garage the night before to keep them cool. I did this during the day in my garage so I could see clearly as opposed to night time - I even turned the car on w/ the A/C as well (it was 90 degrees and sunny).

- You may have to add some elbow grease into the mix depending upon how dirty your seats are. Mine didn't look that dirty, but I was shocked to see the white towel get dark. The driver's seat and the center counsel needed the most work (no, I never **** my pants or on the seat).

- You'll easily run out of the cleaner 1st before running out of the conditioner. I am nearly out of the cleaner while my conditioner is at around 50%.

Good luck!
Old 05-12-08, 06:46 AM
The Detail Dude
Pole Position

When the seats are cold...like anything else...the pores in the leather contract. This makes it harder to clean and condition. I would recommend leaving the car in the sun for a little while so the interior can heat up. I have heard of people using hair dryers and heat guns......that isn't a good idea.
Old 05-12-08, 09:25 AM
amorphous
Pole Position

Lexiol I think that is spelt right, but anyways, That is probably the best leather conditioner I have seen. Just used it on a porsche boxter this weekend and the cust. was happy with the way it turned out. First I cleaned the leather with a stiff bristle brush, used purple power the clean the leather, then applied an even coat of Lexiol.
Old 05-12-08, 08:04 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Leather Master as a rejuvenater and will get Lexus conditioner for the topping
Old 05-13-08, 07:47 AM
myculito
Lead Lap

I use the Lexol pH cleaner and conditioner. Non-greasy, and feels great.
Old 05-14-08, 12:24 PM
Armand
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not agree with working leather conditioner into "COLD" seats for the same reason detail dude mentioned. I leave my car out on the driveway to warm up the seats before I work in the conditioner.

Also, my fav products are Lexol and Zaino.
Old 05-14-08, 03:55 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup another Lexol fan here. I actually did my leather last saturday.

Orange Bottle (cleaner) than Brown Bottle (conditioner) and your brand new again.

Quick Reply: Best leather cleaner/conditioner