Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Short review: Detail Dude's Resilient Wax

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-08, 01:26 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Short review: Detail Dude's Resilient Wax

The bottle is green and smells good...
I compared this wax side by side with NXT 2.0 this time...
but will compare with another Carnuba based wax tomorrow (Poorboy's Natty's Blue)

Application was not as easy as NXt 2.0 as it dries very quickly, unlike NXT 2.0 where you can use quarter size amount to a size of a trunk...the Resilient Wax
needs to be topped a dime size amount after another one just to do HALF of the trunk....Maybe because the Resilient Wax dries faster/quickly, it is therefore much easier to remove than the NXT 2.0....I got a much clear result when i did swipe test on the Resilient Wax only after 10 mins to dry....so to that...

The result and looks of Resilient Wax is comparable to NXT 2.0...i find nothing different in
appearance...both deliver good shine, depth and slickness.....
BUT i didn't really notice the dust repelling feature that the Resilient Wax has to offer...as I don't really notice a difference in dust gathered on the trunk compared to NXT.. However, I seem to notice that when I blow directly to the Resilient and NXT wax, the dust seems to blow away easier on the Resilient side...maybe that is what they meant by dust repelling...

So here are the pictures....as i say, couldnt tell the difference when looking:

Left side of trunk is NXT 2.0 and Right side is Detail Dude Resilient Wax (was seperated by a blue tape)

Top is NXT, Bottom is Resilient Wax

A reflection shot of the trunk:
Old 03-29-08, 01:37 PM
Neofate
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks very similar. I guess a durability test would show the clear winner. Though that takes time.
Old 03-29-08, 01:58 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

durability will go to NXT 2.0 as Details Dude Resilient Wax is a Carnuba wax..
Old 03-29-08, 07:57 PM
The Detail Dude
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks nice if I do say so myself! Thanks Radicalrev!

The Resilient Slippery wax is a fully synthetic wax. It does not have any carnuaba in it whatsoever. The reduction of the static charge will repel dust quite a bit better than most others that offer a simlilar property.

Now if it is a carnuaba wax you are looking for....I'm the guy to talk to! I have an amazing line of products containg carnuaba....but I didn't stop there.

As we all know, a wax with carnauba content simply does not last as long as a sealant. I have a product that offers a good amount of both! The All in #1Intense wax. It offers a sealant base as well as a brazilian carnuaba mixture.
This wax provides Durability, protection, and longevity.

Stay tuned for my Platinum #44. Right Neofate?
Old 03-29-08, 09:06 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

woww....i thought it was carnuba based....lol..my bad...
Old 03-29-08, 10:07 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by The Detail Dude
Looks nice if I do say so myself! Thanks Radicalrev!

The Resilient Slippery wax is a fully synthetic wax. It does not have any carnuaba in it whatsoever. The reduction of the static charge will repel dust quite a bit better than most others that offer a simlilar property.

Now if it is a carnuaba wax you are looking for....I'm the guy to talk to! I have an amazing line of products containg carnuaba....but I didn't stop there.

As we all know, a wax with carnauba content simply does not last as long as a sealant. I have a product that offers a good amount of both! The All in #1Intense wax. It offers a sealant base as well as a brazilian carnuaba mixture.
This wax provides Durability, protection, and longevity.

How does your carnuba wax compare to Pinnacle Souveran, Swisswax, and P21 for black cars. What kind and amount of carnuba does it contain. I hear nothing but good things about Pinnacle Souvran for black cars but it is too expensive for my taste and I doubt I will get it anytime soon unless their is a really good deal, I would like to top it on Jeff Werksatt AG. Pinnacle has a liquid carnuba that is supposed to be almost as good as the paste for a good deal less.
Old 03-30-08, 01:57 AM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Even tho i have not try Detail's Dude carnuba wax, here is my opinion....try Poorboy's Natty's Blue...i would have to say so far it is one of the best Carnuba Wax for darker cars especially black color cars... the best thing is that the Natty's blue is under $20 and it is even better than a few of the top waxes out there...
Old 03-30-08, 02:09 AM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chemical Guy's Pete's 53 Carnauba Wax. I've tried just about everything and this simply blew me away!
Old 03-30-08, 02:10 PM
Neofate
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The Detail Dude
Heh.. Haven't received any of the samples quite yet -- but I will be making reports.. Will do some side by sides like this post.

Though guys,..and ladies -- I have had some lengthy discussions with 'The Detail dude, Mike' -- And he knows his stuff. He isn't some seemingly pusher of products for extra money, he is into creating the best there is to offer. Experimental products, testing, and so on.

I hope I am lucky enough to help experiment a product or two for him.. Sort of like a 'beta' on a program. (Watch my paint fall off.. lol) -- Kidding.

I think 'The Detail Dude' will have quite a number of customers if this stuff really comes around as promised in quality.

Don't forget, he is willing to work with price a bit depending on your needs if you need say a UDM machine with pads, and some products -- He will steer you the right direction providing what you need based on the needs you convey to him.

I need a black car to show off some of these tests -- I have 2 white vehicles, a silver flake, and my Silver/champagne lexus. Nothing pure color other than white. =)
Old 04-01-08, 08:23 AM
The Detail Dude
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Neofate! I appreciate that!