Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

What's a good quick detailer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-08, 02:59 AM
RVN
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's a good quick detailer?

I recently ran out of the quick detailer that came in the meguiars clay bar kit. I notice that meguiar makes like 3 different quick detailers. Which should I choose and it doesn't have to be meguiar specifically? Also, where is the best/cheapest place that I can get it and preferably in bulk if possible since I get bird poo like almost every single day? Thanks
Old 03-04-08, 04:39 AM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Meg's Detailers Choice Last Touch QD or Pinnacle Crystal Mist
Old 03-04-08, 05:28 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

If you are using a QD to remove light dust and fingerprints Meg's Ultimate Quik Detailer is better than their others. It does leave a gloss and sheds rain from your paint like RainX does for your glass. It also keeps the spring bugs from attaching to the paint as it is very slick.

If you are using a QD to clay I'd go with any brand QD.
Old 03-04-08, 06:27 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by R_V_N
Also, where is the best/cheapest place that I can get it and preferably in bulk if possible since I get bird poo like almost every single day? Thanks
if you can get remove the bird doo doo w/in a couple hours of landing, i'd suggest any of the detailers the others have suggested OR just buy a pack of baby wipes and leave it in your car (not on hot days though). baby wipes will take it right off and not damage the paint.
Old 03-04-08, 12:37 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Megs Ultimate QD is good stuff. I like it a lot
Old 03-04-08, 12:48 PM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

If bird poo is a problem, maybe a car cover is in in order.

If you want to buy in bulk though, this store sells the Meguiars Last Touch by the gallon: http://www.autogeek.net/meguiar-s-last-touch-spray.html

I think megiaurs Last Touch is a tad better than their Ultimate QD since it's for professional detailers.
Old 03-04-08, 12:50 PM
MShybrid
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AQUAWAX by Duragloss. It can be picked up OTC at Carquest.
It's the best I have ever used.
Old 03-04-08, 01:06 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Meg's Ultimate Quik Detailer

I also use Optimum No Rinse (diluted with water)....works good too!

make sure you have a clean microfiber cloth......
Old 03-04-08, 02:32 PM
jfelbab

Originally Posted by rfx45
...I think megiaurs Last Touch is a tad better than their Ultimate QD since it's for professional detailers.
I don't think so from my use of them. I'd clearly say that UQD is better than Last Touch, even though LT is a Pro Detailer product. Meg's best Pro QD is M135, Synthetic Spray Detailer, IMO. This is very much like, if not identical to UQD but is available in larger sizes. LT does not leave the same water aversion as UQD or M135 but is a great QD for clay and is a darn good value.
Old 03-04-08, 02:42 PM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MShybrid
AQUAWAX by Duragloss. It can be picked up OTC at Carquest.
It's the best I have ever used.
Isn't AW more of a spray wax/sealant booster, not a dedicated QD?
Old 03-04-08, 07:31 PM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Post by Optix:

M135 is slightly superior to UQD. The fragrance oil was removed from M135 to make room for a higher product concentration. UQD's concentration is dilluted a bit more.

Mike Phillip's answer to Optix's post:

As far as we know they are the same or similar enough products that you'll get the same results.

The big difference is "distribution"

Because we're a supplies to the refinishing industry our Professional Line is distributed through PBE warehouses and PBE stores.

Our Consumer Line is distributed through Hard Parts warehouses and Hard Parts stores.

Different markets, different customers, different ways that have evolved since the car was invented and stores started springing up to distribute products into the market place.

We know a lot of the people that read this forum don't understand that we've been in business for the majority of our history making product for the refinishing industry and we didn't start making consumer products until 1973, that's over 70 years later...

Also, the M135 is available in gallons.

Hope this helps...
mphillips@meguiars.com
Old 03-04-08, 07:45 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Optimum no rinse is the cheapest quick detailer..just mix a capful with half a gallon. 1 cap ful = about one ounce, 38 ounces = 19 gallons of quick detailer for 1 20 dollar bottle of Optimum no rinse
Old 03-05-08, 12:43 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Old 03-05-08, 01:31 PM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jfelbab
I don't think so from my use of them. I'd clearly say that UQD is better than Last Touch, even though LT is a Pro Detailer product. Meg's best Pro QD is M135, Synthetic Spray Detailer, IMO. This is very much like, if not identical to UQD but is available in larger sizes. LT does not leave the same water aversion as UQD or M135 but is a great QD for clay and is a darn good value.
Really? That's weird because I have been using Last Touch and it works real well. Water beads on it like no other. Lately, I've tried the UQD and i'm not fully convinced yet how well it works. Plus it is extra expensive, if it is better than Last Touch, then I guess that extra couple of dollars is acceptable.
Old 03-05-08, 02:28 PM
jfelbab

Originally Posted by rfx45
Really? That's weird because I have been using Last Touch and it works real well. Water beads on it like no other. Lately, I've tried the UQD and i'm not fully convinced yet how well it works. Plus it is extra expensive, if it is better than Last Touch, then I guess that extra couple of dollars is acceptable.
My opinion is just that, only mine.

Two of the reasons I like UQD better than LT is that UQD just never streaks no matter how I use it or what the heat or humidity. LT will sometimes streak for me especially in high humidity. The other reason is that UQD just repels water like RainX does for glass. I don't get that same action from LT.

One more thing I like about UQD is the mister bottle is one of the nicest out there. It dispenses a really fine even mist, much better than most of the trigger bottles I own. BTW, what are you using to dispense LT? I really dislike the last bunch of trigger sprayers I bought (Meg's standard sprayer). They don't really emit a fine even mist and they seem to leak a lot around the trigger.

You are right though, sadly UQD is quite expensive. I do use LT for claying as UQD is not recommended for use with clay. I also use LT for quick removal of bird bombs and bugs. I don't dislike LT, and think that it is a good value.

Quick Reply: What's a good quick detailer?