Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Zaino (Z14) Plastic Magic Cleaner & Polish

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-02, 11:32 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Zaino (Z14) Plastic Magic Cleaner & Polish

Before I place my order for Z14 - Plastic Magic Cleaner & Polish I was wondering if anyone has purchased this product for use on pitted/scratched headlights..

If so does it work well or is it a waste of money or is there something else I should be looking at buying to bring the headlights on the GS back to like new condition..

I've tried Bon Ami on a small section on the lights but it didn't work.. Bon Ami works great on your windshield if it is pitted thou (Thanks Dexter for the recommendation)..

Anyways any info would be most appreciated!
Old 01-06-02, 11:39 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if it works well clearing the lights tell me i'd be very interested. by the way dude you can pick up Zanio at square one mall in missasauga! (its in a barbor shop..!!?!?)
Old 01-06-02, 11:45 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Really Sasha?? In a barber shop.. What floor or what major department store is it close to since i'm going there tomorrow to buy some jeans..

I've ordered Zaino from the Canadian Distributor and I get it in 2 business days from the time I order..

Thanks for the info!

Ken
Old 01-06-02, 11:47 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

ya haha i dont know what its called but go to info and say "whats the barbor shop with lots of car stuff in it?" cause there is car stuff all over that place.. i think its near one of the entrances.... sorry i forget the name
Old 01-06-02, 12:10 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I remember a big discusion on what to clean scratched headlights with.......What did everyone recomend? I think it was mothers something?????
Old 01-06-02, 12:15 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Sasha.....

Also have you had ANY problems with the weaponR intake? check engine light, wierd rpm's, etc, etc??? I just ordered one...
Old 01-06-02, 12:40 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got some Meguiars Mirror Glaze 17 Clear Plastic Cleaner and Mirror Glaze 10 Clear Plastic Polish on order.

I intend the clean up the headlight housings and the drivers instrument panel display first. I'll post my results here this week.
Old 01-06-02, 02:58 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Sounds cool Dexter.. I just faxed thru my order for the Z14 I should get it by Wednesday this coming week so when I get a chance to apply it I will try and do before and after pictures and my thoughts on how effective this stuff really is..

The headlights on our GS are in pretty rough shape so if this stuff works i'll be amazed..
Old 01-06-02, 04:04 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

no problems but make sure u disconnect neg. batery when u install
Old 01-07-02, 07:43 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

I have some pits and nicks just like everyone, but the inside of my headlights seem to have smudges or haze on the lens. I seem to remember other folks actually got their headlights replaced because of this. Anyone else remember that?
Old 01-07-02, 08:29 AM
fever
Lead Lap

I just used the Z14 on my headlights and here is the litmus test: my firancee was chattering away unsolicited at how noticeable the difference was .
I tried another brand and it did absolutely NOTHING. I also tried the Z5? swirl remover and my god is it amazing.
I am switching from Mother's to the entire Zaino line.
Old 01-07-02, 09:47 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by fever
I just used the Z14 on my headlights and here is the litmus test: my firancee was chattering away unsolicited at how noticeable the difference was .
I tried another brand and it did absolutely NOTHING. I also tried the Z5? swirl remover and my god is it amazing.
I am switching from Mother's to the entire Zaino line.
Thanks Fever for the feedback.. Anything special I should know when applying the Z14??

I was totally a Meguiars devote for years upon years but since buying Zaino and applying it the shine lasts so much longer and deeper than anything else I have used.. So I hope Z14 does the trick to bring back the headlights on the GS or I might have to go into the dealership and claim I have condensation in both my headlights..
Old 01-07-02, 05:55 PM
cdn2k1gs3
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Fever:

Could you tell me exactly how you used the product? I mean, did you use a special material, cure time etc?

I too have nicks and pucks on the headlamps but Zaino did not do alot. Some info would help thanks!

2SAVVY - the store at Suare One which carries Zaino is called "The Barber Shop" - lots of expensive wood...you can't miss it. This guy must be the dealer for Ontario because we have it here in the Windsor mall also.

And no... you can't have your car detailed while you wait... I already asked.
Old 01-07-02, 06:02 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by cdn2k1gs3
Fever:

Could you tell me exactly how you used the product? I mean, did you use a special material, cure time etc?

I too have nicks and pucks on the headlamps but Zaino did not do alot. Some info would help thanks!

2SAVVY - the store at Suare One which carries Zaino is called "The Barber Shop" - lots of expensive wood...you can't miss it. This guy must be the dealer for Ontario because we have it here in the Windsor mall also.

Thanks for the info.. I'm going to Square One tomorrow or Wednesday after work so i'll take a peek.. I've been buying Zaino from http://www.car-fanatic.com/ he is supposedly the exclusive Canadian distributor but then again I could be wrong.. So you didn't have much luck using Z14??

If all else fails i'll just get them replaced at the dealer then buy the 3M film to protect them.. I should of 3M'd the whole front end when I took possession of the GS.. Live and learn I guess..

Last edited by 2SAVVY; 01-07-02 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-08-02, 07:24 AM
fever
Lead Lap

First of all, the Z14 won't fill in rock chips or highly visible blemishes. What it did though, was reduce most all of the haze on my headlight housing.
At night, turn on your headlights and look straight down at the housing (12 o'clock to six o'clock). You will see this haze that not only looks bad but reduces candle power.
I applied the Z14 by hand (with hands) and let it sit for thirty to forty minutes. Then I buffed it out with a cotton towel. Now the kicker is this, just when you think you have all of it removed, you don't. You really need some elbow grease to get the haze off. Get down on your knees and look at the housing from different angles as you buff. You will see what I mean.
My opinion is the Z14 will make your housing look better than any other product out there. In fact, I challenge someone to find a better product for this dilemma we all share.

Originally posted by cdn2k1gs3
Fever:

Quick Reply: Zaino (Z14) Plastic Magic Cleaner & Polish