Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Adam's glass cleaner & undercarriage spray

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-07, 07:42 PM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Adam's glass cleaner & undercarriage spray

Usually Adam's products are just about the last ones I consider - to me they've always been overrated with par to sub-par results. That said, their detailing sponges are one of my favorite tools for applying dressings, and I do trust Phil @ Detailer's Domain who is a distributor for Adam's products on the east coast. He recommended both of these products so I decided to take them for a test drive. For anyone interested, here are my thoughts...

Adam's Glass Cleaner
This stuff is really good. Cleaning glass is kind of a 'process over product' thing, but I'm impressed. The scent is very mild, the cleaning power is sufficient, and while nothing in my hands is ever streak-proof, this stuff comes close. The streaks I did create were easily removed.

Adam's Undercarriage Spray
Interesting product. It's really a spray dressing and only works if the area receiving the spray is already clean. Since both cars in our family currently show off a fair amount of wheel well (I'm about to drop the RX) I figured it was worth a shot to keep them looking nice. I clean the wheel weels with every wash, so the "clean first" caveat wasn't a big deal for me. However, the instructions also note that the product residue will be really slippery. That's an annoyance.

The scent is overpowering. Think grape bubble-yum right in your face. That alone is a big detractor...add the slippery factor and I'm not sure I'd buy more of this stuff. However, the product couldn't be easier to use - just spray and wait 15 minutes before driving - and the results are nice. Not too greasy or shiny, but it definitely makes everything black with a nice gloss. Durability is supposed to be solid - one or two weeks in dry weather - and I've heard feedback from other users that this is accurate.

My go-to has been tire dressing residue (Poorboy's Bold & Bright) so I'll be anxious to see how this compares over time. For now I'd probably pass on the product, but I'll probably buy more glass cleaner the next time I stock up on detailing sponges.
Old 07-09-07, 11:24 AM
yESman
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like Adam's QD but 1Z makes a better glass cleaner imho (Scheibenklar).
Old 07-09-07, 03:11 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

VroomVroom, I have nevered tried those Adam's products , but I use Adam's Brilliant Spray Glaze over the top of One Grand products and I have never seen a car at any of our CL meets that looks a good as mine. The pic below is my 96LS with orignal paint, minus the bodykit parts.
Attached Thumbnails Adam's glass cleaner & undercarriage spray-new_pics_012.jpg  
Old 07-09-07, 03:17 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexkost
VroomVroom, I have nevered tried those Adam's products , but I use Adam's Brilliant Spray Glaze over the top of One Grand products and I have never seen a car at any of our CL meets that looks a good as mine. The pic below is my 96LS with orignal paint, minus the bodykit parts.
Wow, that's a beautiful LS you've got there. I use Adam's products and am really pleased with all of the ones I've tried. I've known Adam forever and I always like reading about others who like using his stuff.