Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

VentureShield clearbra or 3M clearbra?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-07, 08:29 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default VentureShield clearbra or 3M clearbra?

Pros? Cons? What is your experience? Need advice!!! I called a bunch of local places, here on East Coast a full package (1/3 hood, fenders, bumper, side mirrors, headlamps, foglamps) is $899 for VentureShield vs $800 for 3M. Does higher price for VS over 3M justifies a better quality? I heard from a few that 3M turns yellowish after sometime, therefore they don't offer lifetime guarantee. Is this true? I had my 3GS for over 4 month, and got 3 little rock chips already on a bumper, so need to get clearbra soon!!!
Old 05-05-07, 08:49 AM
Andoskyy
Pole Position

i cant compare, but i have venturesheild that was installed at the dealer. if you're spending $800(seems high...whole fenders?), why not pay the 99 extra bucks and get a lifetime warranty?
Old 05-05-07, 10:31 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Actually, I just got more information. 3M is definitely has yellowish discoloration, so that's out of the question. Plus, over the period of time with its UV protection the rest of the car will have a different tone. So, 3M is out of the picture. Xpel product is the same as 3M, re-licensed. VentureShield is the only way to go, and... I just found out that a bunch of these local places use the same contractor to get clearbra installed, and I can actually get it done from him directly for half the price Sounds like problem is solve!
Old 05-05-07, 10:55 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm about to get Ventureshield done this coming monday. I had it on my last bumper and it held up quite well. I was told that the new Venture film i'm getting has a clearcoated film...easier to maintain over older models..
Old 05-05-07, 11:08 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Yes! Its exactly what I have been told too about the new Venture film. Looking forward to that!!!
Old 05-13-07, 08:24 PM
dentpusher
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new venture film looks a little better than the normal stuff but will not protect any better. It does not have a durable top coat like the 3M film.

All clear bras will turn yellow over time. Its just the nature of urethane. The only cars you will really notice it on are white and silver. 3M, Venture and LLumar are all great films. The Venture and Llumar are both similar as far as film type. The Llumar film is a cleaner looking film and stronger as well. Not by much but it is a little more puncture resistant from the testing I have done.

Ventue has a new film they call Ultra. It is said to be a top coated film. While it does have a coating it is not near as strong as the 3M film. It will scratch and stain fairly easy from what I have seen in using it. Not something a top coat film should have problems with. If you are after the most low maintenance film than 3M is the only way to go. It does have a little more orange peel to it but has the best top coat film so far. It also does not have problems with lines going across the film like the Venture does.

There is another great film out there not talked about much but needs a little credit. The Avery Dennison film has both top and non-top coat films. They are very strong and have a real clean look. The top coat film is not really top coated. It is blended into the film but does a great job. Both films have a good amount of orange peel but it is a great film and holds up real well.

They are all going to do a good job but from the 7 years I have been installing clear bras the 3M shows the most promise for holding up. It will also not turn yellow as fast as the Venture. I use Venture more than any other film but will be the first to tell you that on a light colored car it will turn yellow on you within a year.