Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Crease in leather Seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-07, 01:12 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Crease in leather Seats

After driving for a month, my leather seats has a little crease(s) in it......How do i get rid of them ?

Will post pics later

Thanks!
Old 04-10-07, 04:21 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to say that its normal for leather. Basically, the leather in your car is tanned, and stamped with the leather pattern and then dyed. When you use your car, the leather stretches and the stamped leather pattern wears off in the areas where the cow hide had wrinkles etc..
basically, the Color coat on top of the leather is paint, and as the folds expand and stretch, it becomes thinner with use, and finally WILL crack.
However the first cracks that appeared on my car was about 80,000 miles of use.
Just don't worry about the creases. Different hides have different crease marks and sometimes Lexus puts the wrong piece of leather in the wrong place
What i do is condition my leather with meguiars gold class leather cleaner/conditioner, and lexol, and i make sure the conditioner has at least 5 mintues to penetrate through the clear coat, then wipe off.