Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

1z Glanz Wax Help/Info

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-07, 08:53 AM
gyung
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1z Glanz Wax Help/Info

I just bought some 1z Glanz Wax from Autobacs yesterday due to a recommendation of someone that was there. I have no idea how to use it though. I've been using a random orbital buffer for waxing recently, but this stuff is like an oil/water rather than liquid/paste. I couldn't find much info on it, so if no one tried using a random orbital or the wax at all, I might try on my older car using the machine, and wax by hand on the IS.

I also learned "layering" wax is BS, at least for their product. But I'm wondering if I can layer, say, NXT wax on it Thanks!

Last edited by gyung; 01-25-07 at 02:09 PM. Reason: bad grammar
Old 01-25-07, 01:14 PM
LXMN
Lexus Test Driver

NXT is more a sealant than a wax. You can use multiple layers with it. I would wait 1 day between applications if doing so, but you can apply back to back with no problems. It is very good at hiding small swirl marks and bringing out the shine in your finish. It is a great product in my opinion and lasts for about a month and a half before needing another coat.
Old 01-28-07, 01:57 AM
gyung
Pole Position

Well I guess no one was really interested in this... But anyway I used it after claying my car today, and it's pretty nice. It smells like death, but the result is probably better than the other waxes/sealants I have tried. It's super smooth, and easy to apply. It wasn't designed to cover/hide swirls or scratches (I just have a couple minor ones on the clear coat), but looks beautiful! It comes off relatively easy as well. The only downside is... still.... IT SMELLS LIKE DEATH...

Actually my car always looks like this, but everyone likes pictures =P