Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.
View Poll Results: 303 Aerospace, OEM Lexus Conditioner, Meguiars Gold Classic, or Zaino Conditioner?
303 Aerospace Protectant
33.14%
Lexus Leather Care Kit
19.53%
Meguiars Gold Classic
18.93%
Zaino Leather in a Bottle
15.98%
Other. Please specify...
12.43%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

303 Aerospace, OEM Lexus Conditioner, Meguiars Gold Classic, or Zaino Conditioner?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-07, 05:18 AM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UberNoob
one question

can 303 be used on the wood grain part of the interior?
Not specifically, it's for rubber/plastic/vinyl primarily.
Old 01-08-07, 07:17 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So mainly you guys use the 303 on the dashboard, and parts of the doors that are non-leather??

I just ordered me a bottle.
Old 01-08-07, 07:30 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I like the Lexus Cleaner and Conditioner for the leather. This pair leaves the leather cleaner and softer and seems to last for a while as well. I've used 303 and Meg's Gold class and don't care for either of them as much as the Lexus stuff on leather. My leather is buttery soft after using this stuff for years.

I use Meg's Quik Interior Detailer for most of the other interior vinyl as I prefer it's low sheen. This leaves a new look rather than any shine. No glare just a factory fresh look.
Old 01-08-07, 09:27 AM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jfelbab
I like the Lexus Cleaner and Conditioner for the leather. This pair leaves the leather cleaner and softer and seems to last for a while as well. I've used 303 and Meg's Gold class and don't care for either of them as much as the Lexus stuff on leather. My leather is buttery soft after using this stuff for years.

I use Meg's Quik Interior Detailer for most of the other interior vinyl as I prefer it's low sheen. This leaves a new look rather than any shine. No glare just a factory fresh look.

I totally agree! I have also tried Zaino, Pinnacle, and Lexol for the leather treatment. I am totally sold on the Lexus Cleaner and Conditioner! I would NOT put the 303 on the semi-aniline leather as 303 is meant for coated leather.
Old 01-08-07, 07:32 PM
yESman
Lead Lap

Zaino is the best leather conditioner I have used, way better than Lexol.

303 is really meant for door seals and hoses. A good interior cleaner like Wolfgang vinyl or 1Z Cockpit Premium or Megs Quick Interior Detailer is better for interior work imho.
Old 01-08-07, 07:36 PM
yESman
Lead Lap

I might add that pre-VOC formula Klasse AIO works well on the wood interior parts. I use it on my dash inserts and my wood steering wheel. Cleans and protects very well.
Old 01-12-07, 11:03 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

Townsend leather cleaner/conditioner is what I use on the airplane as well. I personally like it the best for all LEATHER>
Old 01-12-07, 07:02 PM
BottomsUp
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Guitarman
don't use 303 on the wood trim. It won't hurt it, but it makes it very streaky and wierd looking. 303 for dash, plastic trim, rubber, etc.. Zaino for leather IMO.
Old 01-12-07, 10:12 PM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

All this talk about 303 Aerospace Protectant and I had to go out and get a bottle. Of course, I went with the 32oz $25 bottle of it Must be some good stuff

Applied it in my interior (minus leather) as soon as I got home!
Old 01-13-07, 02:21 PM
Redpaste
Lead Lap

I like the way the Zaino leather in a bottle smells, just like leather.

Also its not too oily or shiny, just right.
Old 01-13-07, 02:27 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Guitarman
but isnt the wood trim just a thin layer of wood with clear plastic on top?

if 303 isnt suitable then do u know any products that is meant for protecting the wood trim pieces??
Old 01-15-07, 06:53 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I use 303 for the interior plastics and hoses, Leatherique for the leather, followed by Griots Garage Leather care. My leather was not very soft and I have been trying to get it to have a nicer feel. Most people recommended Leatherique for this so I tried it. I have used it about 3 times and have not felt any real noticeable improvements, it does seem to clean the leather pretty well. Maybe I might give that Lexus cleaner conditioner a shot since it seems some people really like it. My parents Acura TL and CL have much nicer powdery soft leather and it looks way better too then my GS and they don't use any leather products. My ultimate goal is to at least get the leather to feel as nice as my parents Acuras and be alot softer and smoother then it is currently.
Old 01-20-07, 12:44 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
I use 303 for the interior plastics and hoses, Leatherique for the leather, followed by Griots Garage Leather care. My leather was not very soft and I have been trying to get it to have a nicer feel. Most people recommended Leatherique for this so I tried it. I have used it about 3 times and have not felt any real noticeable improvements, it does seem to clean the leather pretty well. Maybe I might give that Lexus cleaner conditioner a shot since it seems some people really like it. My parents Acura TL and CL have much nicer powdery soft leather and it looks way better too then my GS and they don't use any leather products. My ultimate goal is to at least get the leather to feel as nice as my parents Acuras and be alot softer and smoother then it is currently.
I tried the Leatherique treatment as well on my hard leather seats and after 4 separate treatments over a three week period they are still no softer than before I started. Not sure what I'm going to try next.
For all my vinyl/plastics/rubber (even as a non-shiny tire dressing) I use 303 Aerospace - great stuff.
For wood trim I use Pledge furniture polish wipes. I agree with BottomsUp, using 303 on the wood trim leaves it looking pretty yucky!
Some are using 303 on their leather as well? I thought it was recommended only for rubber/vinyl/plastic parts.
Old 01-20-07, 07:45 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexucan
I tried the Leatherique treatment as well on my hard leather seats and after 4 separate treatments over a three week period they are still no softer than before I started. Not sure what I'm going to try next.
For all my vinyl/plastics/rubber (even as a non-shiny tire dressing) I use 303 Aerospace - great stuff.
For wood trim I use Pledge furniture polish wipes. I agree with BottomsUp, using 303 on the wood trim leaves it looking pretty yucky!
Some are using 303 on their leather as well? I thought it was recommended only for rubber/vinyl/plastic parts.
From my research Leatherique was the highest rated or most common product recommended for softening up and getting leather to a nicer more original condition but it has not really done anything for my GS after 3 applications. I have tried it on my leather jacket and it has not done anything either, it actaully does not feel as smooth and soft as before after doing it recently. I have read of a method that some people used in which after applying the Leatherique they put saran wrap over the leather to keep it in better which I may try even though it is going to be a pain to do. There is a product from Griots garage called Leather Rejuvinator which I might try after doing the saran wrap treatment. Connely Leather hide or cream was also pretty highly recommended but alot of people said it was not made for Lexus leather and it smells of Kerosene and is greasy. I have been pretty dissapointed with the 2nd Gen leather quality in all the ones I have been in so I don't think it is just my car, it seems to have a kind of waxy shiny look and feel and does not feel very smooth or soft to the touch. I'll see what happens when it is warmer out and treat it again.
Old 01-20-07, 07:49 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I just don't get the LEXOL favoritism. Every time I use that stuff I regret it. Leaves the leather too shiny. I prefer Zaino by a mile.

Quick Reply: 303 Aerospace, OEM Lexus Conditioner, Meguiars Gold Classic, or Zaino Conditioner?