Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Clear Bra - Spots on it, How to Clean?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-06, 08:18 PM
minnister
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Bra - Spots on it, How to Clean?

I have Clear Bra on my car and the other day, the car wash guy told me that there are water spots on it and it could potentially damage the paint. He told to get it re-done, but not sure if he's just trying get me to do this again or if he's really true.

Has anyone else had this kind of problem? Is there a speical formula that I can use to get rid of the water spots?

Old 11-09-06, 08:22 PM
2jzgte
Lead Lap

Water spots on the bra cannot damage the paint, otherwise it is not a water spot. The clear bra is not only a surface for debris to contact but it will absorb limited amounts of certain liquids. I would not recommend letting corrosives like gasoline get onto the bra for example because it will break down the plastic. The only way for anyone to help you is to see some pictures of the spots.
Old 11-12-06, 09:10 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never had any water spots on my 3 year old clear bra. Even after a rain or wash and left to dry on the clear bra, it should be easily wiped off w/ Meguiar's Detailer spray or your favorite wax compound.

Highly unlikely that you need to get your clear bra redone unless there's excessive bubbles, ripped or damaged in any physical way.

Other than that, water stains/spots is not an issue on the clear bra.
Old 11-12-06, 10:20 PM
minnister
Driver

Cool. Thanks for the info. I'll give it a shot during the week and see what happens.

Thanks
Old 11-14-06, 11:53 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

On a good day, you should wax the crap out of the bra. It is much better to have the bra soaked in wax, than full of dirt, which can also slightly discolor your bra.
Old 11-14-06, 12:14 PM
Kepeli
Pole Position

This thread may help, has pics of a new clear bra that look like water spots that turned out to be bubbles and disappeared in a few days... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/edi...postid=2238653
Old 11-14-06, 03:41 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by teeman3
I've never had any water spots on my 3 year old clear bra. Even after a rain or wash and left to dry on the clear bra, it should be easily wiped off w/ Meguiar's Detailer spray or your favorite wax compound.

Highly unlikely that you need to get your clear bra redone unless there's excessive bubbles, ripped or damaged in any physical way.

Other than that, water stains/spots is not an issue on the clear bra.
I do have to disagree with you on this. This spring I got a significant number of water spots on my car that had a custom wrapped clear bra on it. I asked the installer what to use to get them off and he recommended Plexus---didn't do a thing. I asked on the autopia detailing forum and received a number of suggestions and none worked. It wasn't anything that was a witches brew that did it since I was able to easily remove the spots from the paint. I called the installer , sent him photos and received a real helpful message from him. It said "Owner's Neglect" and after that thoughtful response he refused to answer any correspondence directed to him.
I was finally to get rid of the spots on my clear bra----I removed it!!!!!