Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Any use Mothers Powerball with Power Metal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-05, 06:30 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Any use Mothers Powerball with Power Metal?

I was just wondoring if anyone has experience with this product. The video doesn't seem to work anymore. I never saw the commercial. My lips are polished without clearcoat and I don't like rubbing, it takes too long. This seems(if it works) like a dream come true but wanted to know if anyone has used before I purchase it. Also if you have, state some tips,links. Thanx

http://www.mothers.com/products/ -click power-
Old 12-24-05, 04:12 PM
LexAtlanta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the powerball yesterday morning and used it yesterday afternoon on the wheels. They have never looked as good as they do now. Even though I only used it once I like it and will be using it again.

It easily conformed to the contours of the wheel.
Old 12-24-05, 06:21 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

I bought and used it a couple of weeks ago. It works okay it will remove water spots and oxidation. It doesnt do anythign for scratches though. In my opinon its worth the money use poorboys afterwareds also.
Old 12-27-05, 09:46 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if its a good idea to use this on clearcoat finish ?
Old 12-27-05, 02:20 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

I guess my question would be what is the point of using it on clear coat. If its coated what are you polishing?
Old 12-27-05, 02:30 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by morris
I guess my question would be what is the point of using it on clear coat. If its coated what are you polishing?
good question ? I figured that it would make cleaning them easier ...but maybe not ?
Old 12-27-05, 02:41 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

If its a matter of easy cleaning get some kind of breakdust cleaner squirt that on hose it off and call it a day. Make sure you get one that is safe for clear coat finishes.
Old 12-28-05, 03:54 PM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

I haven't used the Mothers ball yet but i've been using the Flitz ball for a couple years now and I love it. On billet aluminum it makes the job so much easier and the results are better but make sure you use a corded drill, it'll suck the life right out of an 18 volt cordless.

This spring i'll probably try the Mothers ball for a comparison.
Old 12-28-05, 05:06 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I think I am going to try the mothers powerball. If it makes polishing the lips a bit easier then it is worth it
Old 01-29-06, 11:15 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Okay I take back what I said about the powerball.

I used it again this weekend and it made a huge difference. Its well worth themoney. I also used the power polish that they sell with the ball.

Evidently I was using it incorrectly when I first tried it. The trick is that the ball and the wheel has to be absolutley dry, there can be no water or moisture in the ball or on the wheel. Believe it or not a few drops of moisture makes a big difference.
Old 01-29-06, 11:59 AM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

I used the Power Ball on the body of my GS with Eagle Nano wax... all the swirls are gone and the polish came out spectacular! I would post a pic, but they dont do it any justice... I did on the other hand post a pic of the PlastX and the Powerball combined to get the haze off of my head lamps...

Worth every damn dime!
Old 01-29-06, 12:10 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

how did you use it on the body of your GS? How long did that take?
Old 01-30-06, 06:19 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by morris
Okay I take back what I said about the powerball.

I used it again this weekend and it made a huge difference. Its well worth themoney. I also used the power polish that they sell with the ball.

Evidently I was using it incorrectly when I first tried it. The trick is that the ball and the wheel has to be absolutley dry, there can be no water or moisture in the ball or on the wheel. Believe it or not a few drops of moisture makes a big difference.
This is what I wanted hear, and you have all polished wheels so I know that if it worked for you than it will work great for me cuz I just need to do my lips cuz my centers are chrome..so dry is the trick ? So after I wash my car and wheels make sure that the wheels are fully dry and moisture free before I start? what about removing the residue, what did you use for that? terry cloth, flannel, or Microfiber?
Old 01-30-06, 09:07 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Yea completely dry, I have a wet vac that also blows air so I use that to get the wheels completely dry. I used a microfiber towel to wipe the residue off.

Also you can wash the ball when you are done but keep in mind it takes quite a while for it to dry, even putting it in the dryer. So I would wash the ball as soon as you are done and have it ready for the next time you use it.
Old 01-30-06, 09:43 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Stage3
I used the Power Ball on the body of my GS with Eagle Nano wax... all the swirls are gone and the polish came out spectacular! I would post a pic, but they dont do it any justice... I did on the other hand post a pic of the PlastX and the Powerball combined to get the haze off of my head lamps...

Worth every damn dime!
what kind of drill did you use? cordless?

Quick Reply: Any use Mothers Powerball with Power Metal?