Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Body Shops

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-05, 06:31 AM
TouringGS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Shops

I'm sure most of you know that finding a reputable Body Shop is not easy. I'm in need of finding a good shop for my car, and am seeking any suggestions on what to look for.

I want to leave going to the dealer as a last resort, because of their raping prices. Besides, I'm sure a good body shop will do a job just as good or better than the dealer. I'd appreciate any advice or tips from those familiar with body shops.
Old 12-22-05, 06:42 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

From my experience, it comes from referrals of friends, family friends, etc. Depending on where you live, it pays to shop around since there are numerous amounts of body shops which vary in terms of quality, services, workmanship, pricing, and the like. If you tell us what kind of body work you need, we'll give you more details on the kind of body shop you're looking for.

BTW I notice your profile says you're in FL. Are you anywhere near the Orlando area? There is a pretty good body shop here in Orlando that specializes on Lexus vehicles and is actually outsourced by a local Lexus dealership. They especially do outstanding work on bumper repairs. PM me if you want more info.
Old 12-22-05, 06:52 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I also know a poor body shop in the Fort Myers area so PM me if you want their name.
Old 12-22-05, 07:22 AM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Likewise, if you're in the Daytona area, I know a couple here that are very good.
Old 12-22-05, 07:58 AM
TouringGS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appreciate all the replies, guys.

I'm in the north-western part of Miami, near the Dade/Broward countyline. I've checked out about three Body Shops here in Miami, but they weren't too convincing to say the least. Orlando is about 200 miles away from me, but if all else fails I'd drive up there to get the work done.

The damage to my car was recieved during hurricane Wilma, where a large tree branch fell on my trunk denting it, and also falling onto my rear bumper and chipping/denting it as well. Smaller debris dented the rear-left panel, as well as my roof. I also need to place my rear-window rubber gasket/molding on the exterior, as it was cut by tree branches.

The bad part is, since it's been a while since that happened, rust has gotten to my trunk. That's a scary sight. I'm going to try to get some pictures on here, for you guys to check it out.
Old 12-22-05, 05:53 PM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My understanding is that most Lexus dealers vender out to a local shop. See if your local dealer will recommend their shop of choice..
Old 12-22-05, 06:28 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Tammy
My understanding is that most Lexus dealers vender out to a local shop. See if your local dealer will recommend their shop of choice..
That's how I know a really poor body shop in Fort Myers.

I'd look for a better recommendation than just who the dealer uses.