Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

is surflex soffener still available?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-05, 07:58 PM
twentyone
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default is surflex soffener still available?

was looking to do some leather care. i had read ron430's posts (which are always informative) and decided to go the surflex route. however, when i google it, i don't come up with anything solid. if it really isn't out there, i guess i'll go the leatherique route, but leatherique seems to be a bit more expensive. to ron, they seemed pretty much even. i trust ron's info enough that i'm willing to try the less popular (but just as effective?) soffener. thanks for your help.
Old 04-25-05, 06:32 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

How long ago were these posts? I tried finding Surflex in the fall of 2003 after seeing it mentioned here on CL, and was unable to find it back then, too. I ended up going the Leatherique route, and though expensive, was pleased with the results. The reverse order (with Leatherique you condition, which brings the embedded dirt to the surface, then clean), leaves the seats matte and new-looking, not greasy like other brands.

Leatherique far surpassed my experiences with:
Lexol
Zymol
Connolly Hide Food
Mother's
Meguiar's
a few others I can't recall...

Zaino Leather in a Bottle is also regularly praised on this forum, though I've never used it myself.

Good luck

Ironically, the new 3 Series I replaced my ES with has leatherette (vinyl) ) seats. I must have been too traumatized by all of the work I put in trying to save the sun-baked leather in my ES.
Old 04-26-05, 10:09 AM
SlowGS3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try carcareonline.com. they carry surflex stuff. Another less popular leather restorer is Leather Therapy, which can be found at Petsmart (horse department, I think) or local shoes repair store. I am going to try this route since it less expensive and I can get it locally.
Old 04-28-05, 07:07 PM
twentyone
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by squarehat
How long ago were these posts? I tried finding Surflex in the fall of 2003 after seeing it mentioned here on CL, and was unable to find it back then, too. I ended up going the Leatherique route, and though expensive, was pleased with the results. The reverse order (with Leatherique you condition, which brings the embedded dirt to the surface, then clean), leaves the seats matte and new-looking, not greasy like other brands.

Leatherique far surpassed my experiences with:
Lexol
Zymol
Connolly Hide Food
Mother's
Meguiar's
a few others I can't recall...

Zaino Leather in a Bottle is also regularly praised on this forum, though I've never used it myself.

Good luck

Ironically, the new 3 Series I replaced my ES with has leatherette (vinyl) ) seats. I must have been too traumatized by all of the work I put in trying to save the sun-baked leather in my ES.

what did leatherique cost you altogether?
Old 05-18-05, 06:00 AM
1993ES300x
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default cost of Leatherique

it's pretty freaking expensive.. they sell a whole entire kit of a avg jobs for around 70-100bucks.. that's for ONE Entire Car clean . so it's o.k. if your leather are harden,cracked and really dirty.

i, myself just got the Rejuvenator and the prestine clean for around 45bucks(after S&H). their freaking instructions are not the best(espescially the pictures). but understandable.

i will post some pictures of before and after, after i get my lazy *** off the couch and use this stuff again.