Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

How often to clean/condition seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-04, 12:30 AM
Redemption
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How often to clean/condition seats

Hi guys. I have a SC430 with Ecru Leather. I was wondering how often can you clean/condition your seats with products like Lexol Leather Cleaner or Zaino Z-9? I've heard every 6 weeks or so, is this correct? Is this just for the conditioner only, or the cleaner too? Well if so, what other products could I use to clean the seats weekly? Cleaning every 6 weeks seems like a long time, I would imagine them getting pretty dirty. What could I do to keep them clean in between? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Also, would I be able to use the leather cleaner/conditioners on the center console and doors?
Old 08-15-04, 12:05 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

For my ES, I use Meguiar's Rich leather cleaner/conditioner (all in one bottle), and I do the leather job once every 2-3 weeks. I have ivory leather, so the dirt/dust is more easily shown than on black leather. Ecru leather is much lighter than the ivory, but if you keep up with the leather cleaning task (doing it once every 2-3 weeks), your leather will last a long time, and you won't have to exert much effort in future cleanings.

For any places that contain vinyl or synthetic leather, I use Vinylex (a fine product made by Lexol). It polishes, shines and protects those areas from harmful UV rays and dust residuals. I highly recommend it to maintain the look on your dashboard and the top parts of your doors
Old 08-15-04, 05:32 PM
Redemption
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by lexusk8
For my ES, I use Meguiar's Rich leather cleaner/conditioner (all in one bottle), and I do the leather job once every 2-3 weeks. I have ivory leather, so the dirt/dust is more easily shown than on black leather. Ecru leather is much lighter than the ivory, but if you keep up with the leather cleaning task (doing it once every 2-3 weeks), your leather will last a long time, and you won't have to exert much effort in future cleanings.

For any places that contain vinyl or synthetic leather, I use Vinylex (a fine product made by Lexol). It polishes, shines and protects those areas from harmful UV rays and dust residuals. I highly recommend it to maintain the look on your dashboard and the top parts of your doors
Thanks Lexusk8 for the help. I will definitely check out the Meguiar's Rich leather cleaner. I assume it's safe to clean my seats every 2-3 weeks then? I've heard about the Vinylex, and I'm planning to pick it up soon. So is the leather on the center console and door synthetic leather or vinyl?
Old 08-15-04, 05:46 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

About every 2 weeks using the greatest leather products known to man...IMO . Duragloss 221 conditioner, 441 cleaner. Pick it up at any local NAPA. I would highly recommend it over the "gluey" all in one leather products

PS. Always apply leather conditioner with hand, let it sit for 30 - 60 minutes, wipe off with cotton rag

Last edited by /Aerostar\; 08-15-04 at 05:47 PM.