Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

All about Lexus leather

Old 04-04-15, 10:41 PM
jtrakel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What Leather Master kit would anyone recommend for the black IS-F seats, sorry for the slight ignorance I've looked through the pages and not seeing anything specifically and there are tons of products out there but the Leather Master stuff looks very impressive!
Old 04-05-15, 05:43 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrakel
What Leather Master kit would anyone recommend for the black IS-F seats, sorry for the slight ignorance I've looked through the pages and not seeing anything specifically and there are tons of products out there but the Leather Master stuff looks very impressive!
I prefer the Leather Masters Strong Leather Cleaner. I mix it 50/50 with moderately hot water. I also use the Leather Master Protection Cream after cleaning. I clean and protect 3-4 times a year based on soiling. For weekly maintenance, I vacuum and then use a wrung out cotton towel to wipe down and hydrate the leather. Occasionally, I use Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer in place of the water wipe-down. It has cleaning agents and UV protection. It is also a good cleaner for vinyl, gauges and Navigation screens.
Old 04-13-15, 07:21 AM
condosales
Driver School Candidate

Hello,

I'm considering some leather treatment for my 2015 is350 F Sport. I want to protect the leather and keep it soft and supple for years to come. My car has heated and vented seats (in red).

I was considering using Wolfgang Cleaner & Wolfgang conditioner. But noticed the following warning:

"Tech note: Wolfgang Leather Care Conditioner should not be used on napped leathers like suede or glove soft-leathers. Leather that is in a hard, cracked condition cannot be restored by this product or any other means."

Should I have any concerns using this product on my car? Also, I'm somewhat concerned about adding any product to seats that are heated/cooled?

Anyone have any comments or experience in this, or similar products?

Thanks!
Old 04-13-15, 01:30 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by condosales
Hello,

I'm considering some leather treatment for my 2015 is350 F Sport. I want to protect the leather and keep it soft and supple for years to come. My car has heated and vented seats (in red).

I was considering using Wolfgang Cleaner & Wolfgang conditioner. But noticed the following warning:

"Tech note: Wolfgang Leather Care Conditioner should not be used on napped leathers like suede or glove soft-leathers. Leather that is in a hard, cracked condition cannot be restored by this product or any other means."

Should I have any concerns using this product on my car? Also, I'm somewhat concerned about adding any product to seats that are heated/cooled?

Anyone have any comments or experience in this, or similar products?

Thanks!
Are your seats leather or are they the new material Lexus IS using in most sport models?
Old 04-13-15, 03:47 PM
Answer
Instructor

Received 818 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Max707
Are your seats leather or are they the new material Lexus IS using in most sport models?
They should actually be the NuLuxe synthetic leather.
Old 04-13-15, 05:34 PM
condosales
Driver School Candidate

Yes, it's the NuLuxe, which is a synthetic leather. Apparently synthetic leathers have come a long way, and can be better than real leather (durability).

My car also has perforated leather and in the seat cushions, there are separate heaters and fans (seat warmers / coolers).

In addition to wanting to make sure the Wolfgang is compatible with this type of leather, I'm wondering if when I apply the product, if any goes in thru the perforations, if it could gum up, or otherwise cause issues with the heaters/fans?

I called Wolfgang this afternoon and the tech said the Wolfgang cleaner and conditioner are fine for this car. I'm inclined to believe the guy as he sounded very knowledgable.

Also, if I go for it, I will put the product on a towel (not directly on the seats) and apply it sparingly.

Anybody have any input or a different opinion?

Thanks!
Old 04-13-15, 06:12 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Yes, it's the NuLuxe, which is a synthetic leather. Apparently synthetic leathers have come a long way, and can be better than real leather (durability).

My car also has perforated leather and in the seat cushions, there are separate heaters and fans (seat warmers / coolers).

In addition to wanting to make sure the Wolfgang is compatible with this type of leather, I'm wondering if when I apply the product, if any goes in thru the perforations, if it could gum up, or otherwise cause issues with the heaters/fans?

I called Wolfgang this afternoon and the tech said the Wolfgang cleaner and conditioner are fine for this car. I'm inclined to believe the guy as he sounded very knowledgable.

Also, if I go for it, I will put the product on a towel (not directly on the seats) and apply it sparingly.

Anybody have any input or a different opinion?

Thanks!
Nuluxe or the leather I would use water with some woolite for cleaning and protect it with 303 Aero. All Lexus leather is coated leather. All leather cremes just smear on the top of the coating, never penetrates. If you keep it clean and protected it will look like new forever.
Old 04-14-15, 07:48 AM
condosales
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Max707
Nuluxe or the leather I would use water with some woolite for cleaning and protect it with 303 Aero. All Lexus leather is coated leather. All leather cremes just smear on the top of the coating, never penetrates. If you keep it clean and protected it will look like new forever.

Funny, I just ordered some 303 yesterday. I was going to give all the carpeting a treatment.

Thanks
Old 04-14-15, 11:01 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Funny, I just ordered some 303 yesterday. I was going to give all the carpeting a treatment.

Thanks
303 Makes a variety of different products... the stuff you use on carpets is not the same you use on leather.

303® Aerospace Protectant™
303® Fabric Guard™
303® Spot Cleaner
303® Multi-Surface Cleaner™

Follow the links to view the descriptions
Old 04-14-15, 11:23 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Use the 303 Aero space protectant
Old 04-14-15, 01:14 PM
condosales
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
303 Makes a variety of different products... the stuff you use on carpets is not the same you use on leather.

303® Aerospace Protectant™
303® Fabric Guard™
303® Spot Cleaner
303® Multi-Surface Cleaner™

Follow the links to view the descriptions

Yes, thanks. I have both the fabric guard and the protectant.
Old 05-05-15, 08:31 AM
2k4CamkilA
Intermediate

from what I've been researching this product works pretty well. A little time consuming with the steps but its worth it. You can use it on car seats and other upholstered items

leathertouchupdye.com
Old 06-21-15, 11:36 AM
cruzinZ
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Really good information in this thread about how to properly take care of leather. I just picked up a 5 year old 2010 IS350. My seats are starting to crack from obvious signs of the harsh hot environment it was in (Las Vegas). I would like to source some used seats in the same color. Anybody have any Leeds I might be able to use?
Old 08-19-15, 05:04 AM
Nospinzone

Received 405 Likes on 313 Posts

cruizinZ you might be better off posting this question in the 2Gen IS section of the Club Lexus Member Classfieds forum.
Old 08-27-15, 08:48 PM
actnup
Driver School Candidate

Default Saddle Seats

Does anyone know where I can purchase Lexus Saddle leather to repair my bolsters on my SC 430? Thank you for the assistance

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: All about Lexus leather