Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

First waxing.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-04, 10:24 AM
Timster
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First waxing.

I waxed my GS430 today for the first time.
Man this car has so many edges wax gets into. It took forever to get all the wax out of the grooves.
I don't use allot of wax just a light application.
Any body else notice this?
Tim
Old 03-12-04, 10:34 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Absolutely Tim. The little crease inside each of the doors is a special PITA, and around the trunk.

One thing I loved about my first use of Zaino a couple weeks ago (instead of the Klasse I normally use) - no hidden mess in the nooks. Much nicer and cleaner.
Old 03-12-04, 11:26 AM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tim, you'll find that products that have fine abrasives in them (most cleaner waxes) will leave residue on your trim and crevices. The best approach IMO is to polish 1x a year ( garaged cars can usually get away with that ) and then maintain with something like Dave suggested (Zaino) that has no abrasives in it. A lot of what is on the store shelves (Turtle Wax , etc.) is of the cleaner type wax/ polymer hybrids that will leave dust.

Some of the better carnauba waxes like Pinnicle Souveran & P21S also leave no powdery remains. The main thing is to protect with something that doesn't have heavy cleaning abrasives in it, because then you have to deal with it everytime you wax instead of maybe 1x a year when you polish or use swirl remover. Cheers.

Last edited by Guitarman; 03-12-04 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-12-04, 01:46 PM
Timster
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for you support.
I have been using Zaino for over 6 years. It's not the wax I'm talking about it's all the places the wax gets into. All those rubber linded egdes and where the body meets the bumpers. (Black cars are the worst!)
I've been detailing cars for a very long time, it just seams that he GS has allot more areas that wax gets into and is harder to get out.