IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Any color remorse?

Old 07-01-14, 07:00 PM
dasbuch
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any color remorse?

I think most owners love their color combo and have no regrets (honestly Lexus doesn't even make an ugly color combo).

But, a question for those who bought one color and wish they'd bought another:

What exterior/interior color do you have, and from the currently available colors in your area what would you buy if you did it again and why?

No reply is same as "would buy same again"
Old 07-01-14, 07:20 PM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got Ultra White/Rioja Interior. Awesome. Speckle in paint is beautiful. Looks classy with red interior.
Old 07-01-14, 07:26 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

i have a matador red mica / parchment leather combo and i wish that i would have gone with the flaxen leather interior. not a terrible difference, although my last IS had parchment and so i wish that i would have opted for something different.
Old 07-01-14, 09:01 PM
ByeBMW27
Driver School Candidate

I got ultra white which i adore! But i wanted red interior. Oh well black will have to do, but the exterior more than makes up for it
Old 07-01-14, 09:12 PM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have ultra white/black and I wanted to get ultra white/red but they didn't have any at the time. If I had waited a month I could have gotten it though.
Old 07-01-14, 10:40 PM
NebulaIS
Rookie

Originally Posted by davyjordi
i have a matador red mica / parchment leather combo and i wish that i would have gone with the flaxen leather interior. not a terrible difference, although my last IS had parchment and so i wish that i would have opted for something different.
Can you post a pic of your car with this combo? When I purchased my car they didn't have anything other than rioja or black interior, curious to see what it would look like.
Old 07-02-14, 06:49 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

I have Starfire Pearl with black interior. When I bought it I wanted white or red, but no Matador Red Micas were available at the time. I also liked the Nebula Gray Pearl, but that's the color of my RX and I didn't want two cars the same color.

In the end, no regrets about my color choice.
Old 07-02-14, 07:11 AM
LexusFsprt
Driver

I was dead set on Black/Red, would have to wait 2-3 months for one. The dealer allocated a Black/Black on the way so I got my F-Sport in 3 weeks. Silver would've been my next choice..
Old 07-02-14, 07:28 AM
Dunkin1222
Pole Position

When I see modded black ones on here I sometimes wish I went black. But then I remember how hard it was to keep my Tahoe clean.

I love the atomic silver color
Old 07-02-14, 07:52 AM
Aeromotive
Pole Position

I had to wait 3 months for USB and dealer tried to push all kinds of colors on me so I could get it "within 2 weeks". I always answered I wasn't in a hurry to change and that my car was running perfectly. I ended up waiting 2 months instead of 3. I'm loving every bit of that USB! My only gripe about USB is not having any choice for interior color...

Last edited by Aeromotive; 07-02-14 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07-02-14, 08:00 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Aeromotive
I had to wait 3 months for USB and dealer tried to push all kinds of colors on me so I could get it "within 2 weeks". I always answered I wasn't in a hurry to change and that my car was running perfectly. I ended up waiting 2 months instead of 3. I'm loving every bit of that USB!
I have had my USB 2IS for 3 years and still no regrets! I have NEVER seen another USB ISx50 on the road in all my 3 years of owning it.

Hoping I will feel the same way about an Atomic silver/rioja F sport which is what I am getting now that I know there is still going to be no USB for the USA , I will be waiting (likely months) and extending my lease to get the Atomic.
Old 07-02-14, 08:02 AM
mangoman75
Driver School Candidate

I have black with rioja red interior.. i love the interior color but for the exterior, when it's nicely washed i love it but being OCD that i am, it drives me crazy when it's dirty since i can see everything..
Old 07-02-14, 08:10 AM
CJW
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ultra White on Black.

Love it. I've seen the other colors driving around, but white seems to be the most eye catching and well suited to this car.
Old 07-02-14, 08:17 AM
jeff5755
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have matador red mica with black. At first I was really regretting not going with the other choice, which was nebula gray on red. However, after putting my touches on it (black vinyl roof, tint, blacked out chrome), I am supper happy with my color choice. I work at a Lexus dealership and my car still stands out when parked there.
Old 07-02-14, 09:03 AM
ISISGUY
Rookie

Bought black on black, really wanted white with black interior but dealership didn't have it at the time and I'm too impatient to wait.
Still love my car though. Especially when freshly washed or at night in stealth mode.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any color remorse?