View Single Post
Old 07-01-14, 05:57 AM   #197
Pamperme
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyo View Post
Considering Lexus recommends changing it at 60K under severe service I would say look in the manual. If you read the severe table definition it's pretty much everybody I know.
"Severe" is clearly defined in the manual, as is the term "sealed transmission" and the dealership's refusal to performe a change. Furthermore, the previous post clearly stated that Asin designed the transmission to be serviced; this, to, seems to be clearly stated according to the previous post. Proof of this would be helpful, because given these facts all put together, Asin designed the transmission to be replaced only for "severe" conditions; as the manual states. Therefore the deslarships's refusal, the manual's "lifetime" / "severe" terminology, and Asin would all be in sgreement. But if someone on here has proof that Asin intended the transmission fluid to be changed "regularly" as some here suggest, it would be helpful if proof could be provided.

P.S. I'm going to have to re-read the definition of "severe" in the owners manual, and try to figure out why many dealerships have a different definition.
Pamperme is offline   Reply With Quote