GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

07 gs 350 Passenger side view mirror glitch

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-14, 08:41 AM
bek76
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 gs 350 Passenger side view mirror glitch

Mirror only moves down sometimes when I shift into reverse. Malfunction started bout month ago. Starting to get on my nerves. Anyone know why or damage on getting it fixed?
Old 06-24-14, 09:55 AM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the mirror selection button has to be on the mirror you want to move when shifting into reverse, are you sure this button is selected?
Old 06-24-14, 10:38 AM
Brolic
Rookie

Mines is similar to yours. It doesn't go all the way down like the driver side.
Old 06-24-14, 12:01 PM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think its a glitch wit these mirrors, cause mine sometimes work perfectly then out of nowhere one goes all the way down the other halfway, or the will reposition themselves over night
Old 06-24-14, 12:04 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

its the plastic gears that are stripped. these mirrors suck for any type of movement hence why i always just left mine alone. if you use the drop down box by your left knee and set it to the middle (neither side selected), the mirrors will not tilt down when in reverse.
Old 06-24-14, 01:22 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Mine work, but they tilt too far down and don't seem to hold memory when I adjust them and save the setting. I might be doing it wrong.
Old 06-24-14, 10:32 PM
bek76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mr3gs300
I think its a glitch wit these mirrors, cause mine sometimes work perfectly then out of nowhere one goes all the way down the other halfway, or the will reposition themselves over night
Funny. Mine repositions itself overnight sometimes too. Thought I was going crazy or that someone was messing with mirror. Drivers side always works fine its my passengers side that's spoiled.
Old 06-27-14, 03:55 PM
Mistahoo
Driver

Same problem here! The passenger side mirror always seems to adjust itself much more upwards than I had it set to. I'll put the car in reverse and both mirrors tilt down, but once I put it in drive the passenger mirror always moves too far up.
Old 06-03-15, 12:30 PM
hvargas
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Simple/Cost-Effective Fix?

I know this is a year late but saw this thread and it's exactly what I'm experiencing.

I just purchased a 2007 GS 350 privately from someone YESTERDAY... mirrors worked no problem when I was driving it from the seller's place. The day after, the left mirror is tilting problem-free but the right one seems to struggle when I change to reverse and then barely moves. Such luck.

Anyone know how much this would cost to fix? I'm in Canada.
Old 06-03-15, 01:11 PM
LexusLive
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bek76
Mirror only moves down sometimes when I shift into reverse. Malfunction started bout month ago. Starting to get on my nerves. Anyone know why or damage on getting it fixed?
Probably has to be replaced. Mine did way back about 7 years ago when i bought the car. It's been fine ever since.
Old 06-03-15, 08:07 PM
hvargas
Driver

Originally Posted by LexusLive
Probably has to be replaced. Mine did way back about 7 years ago when i bought the car. It's been fine ever since.
Do you know how much it costs? Is it a matter of replacing the entire side view mirror?
Old 06-04-15, 07:34 AM
LexusLive
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hvargas
Do you know how much it costs? Is it a matter of replacing the entire side view mirror?
No idea, I had mine done under warranty. If I had to hazard a guess, the price would probably fall into the "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" range, like most things at the dealership. Just found out that my broken rear sunshade would incur a $2000 repair bill. I passed.
Old 06-04-15, 10:44 AM
hvargas
Driver

Originally Posted by LexusLive
No idea, I had mine done under warranty. If I had to hazard a guess, the price would probably fall into the "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" range, like most things at the dealership. Just found out that my broken rear sunshade would incur a $2000 repair bill. I passed.
Ouch. Eh, I guess I can live without it for now. I've disabled it for now so we'll see... just funny that of course it started the day after I purchased the car. lol.
Old 06-04-15, 07:19 PM
chuckGS350
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When my driver side mirror went bad during the basic warranty, Lexus replaced the whole mirror.
The whole mirror costs over $1000 the amount dealership charged Lexus.

When the passenger side mirror went bad during the EW, Lexus replaced the actuator. Labor + part were about $400 for Lexus.
Old 06-05-15, 10:24 AM
hvargas
Driver

Originally Posted by chuckGS350
When my driver side mirror went bad during the basic warranty, Lexus replaced the whole mirror.
The whole mirror costs over $1000 the amount dealership charged Lexus.

When the passenger side mirror went bad during the EW, Lexus replaced the actuator. Labor + part were about $400 for Lexus.
Hmmm thanks for the info. I've disabled it for now (I GUESS I can live without it haha) but it would be nice to fix if I can find someone to do it for a reasonable price.

Quick Reply: 07 gs 350 Passenger side view mirror glitch