GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

lowered on 20s and valet parking

Old 04-20-14, 11:11 AM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default lowered on 20s and valet parking

Any of you guys lowered on 20s worry when you allow valet to park your cars? Or do you just avoid valet all together and park it yourself?
Old 04-20-14, 12:15 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

i avoid valet parking like the plague - and im not modded yet. i do not like other people i don't know driving my car - being yours is lowered on 20's, and if they have no idea how to take a driveway with a car like yours or mis-judge a parking stop, i think it's a recipe for a scraped front bumper. just my .02
Old 04-20-14, 12:42 PM
obturator
Lead Lap

I'm not on 20s yet but will be.

Had some bad experiences with valet in the past. It's just when I'm driving a group of people to a night out, I feel bad making everyone walk after I find parking...especially when we go to higher end restaurants with limited parking.
Old 04-20-14, 01:03 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

i usually drop them off at the front and park it myself - problem solved. most of my friends know im OCD about my car so they understand. trust nobody to drive your car - lol
Old 04-20-14, 03:39 PM
oaklander
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

c'mon now, its a Lexus GS350, not a Bugatti Veyron.
Old 04-20-14, 03:49 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

i treat my ford fusion commuter car just as good as my GS - just like keeping my stuff as nice as i can. everybody is different.
Old 04-20-14, 03:52 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by oaklander
Valet your car if you want. I'm by no means letting my slammed GS300 go to any Valet guy unless I wanna come back with a broken lip/sideskirts and smashed exhaust.
Old 04-20-14, 04:05 PM
obturator
Lead Lap

Ok, then what car would you not let valet park your car? I see Ferraris and Porsches being valet'd. Some of those cars get parked by their owners in the valet spots in the front. Our "lowly" gs would get parked offsite. Have you seen how the valet drive the cars, especially when they are in a hurry? And if your car is lowered, the valet may not even be cognizant of parking blocks/stoppers, dips in the road,and entrance ramps. I've seen it firsthand especially when they park cars in areas not close to restaurant/club where the owners of the car can't see.
Old 04-20-14, 04:09 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

ferris bueller's day off is all i think about when i see the valet signs...lol. i remember my DTS rental got valeted and it came back with a nice long dent/scratch on the rear quarter panel. thank god for rental insurance coverage.
Old 04-20-14, 04:24 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

If you valet your car, you're gonna have a bad time.
Old 04-20-14, 07:03 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

its not a matter of its not a Bugatti or not, its still a 50k car and we appreciate the car and if its lowered and body kit on it and the valet guy brakes ur lip and scratches ur wheel u will be one pissed off guy there and u will not appreciate that and they are not responsible for it either , if u read the fine print on the ticket.so I rather park it myself and far away from all the cars.
Old 04-20-14, 08:42 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Old 04-20-14, 09:31 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oaklander
i agree, but i also don't want to discover a scratch every time i drop it off with valet. i have had my bumper scratches and also got sharpie on my seats.

so yes, its not a veyron, but at same time, i still wouldnt want careless valet guys to leave a scratch on the car.
Old 04-20-14, 10:08 PM
oaklander
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I valet park my cars no matter what I'm driving at the time. To me it is convenient and saves me time. I have other things to worry about that a scratch if someone drives my car a little rough. Time is money, i'll valet park it and take the risk.

Also, you could park your car 2 blocks away, sight unseen and come back with bumper tags, parking tickets and also a scratch. Same thing.

BTW, I was a valet parker 18 years ago, I do agree with all of your experiences, I've had my fair share of drifting a car before parking it. It is all how you treat the valet parker. If you treat your Lexus like it's a "one off" Maybach and be such an *** when you leave it with them, they you better believe its going to be treated like ***.

The GS is not an economy car by all means, and I don't have a Veyron but I do have some nice exotics that i've valet parked on a regular basis.

Just my opinion,
Old 04-20-14, 10:16 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

The guy with the tape on his mouth was some A-hole Veyron owner who was being a d*ck to the valet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lowered on 20s and valet parking