Canada For events in Canada.

Victoria, BC

Old 03-23-14, 03:26 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Victoria, BC

Hey guys

I see a lot of modified SC's and a bunch of mildly modified. 2GS's & 1IS's rolling around town, but nobody ever really posts on here.

Curious how many CRD Lexus people we have and if anyone would be game to meet up, maybe in May so everyone has time.

Post up with what you have and if you'd be game to meet up!

Mitch
96 LS400 on Ordens
Old 03-26-14, 10:00 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Modified SC's in Victoria eh? I know I grabbed a nice one from you guys and brought it over to Vancouver LOL. And now I got my eye on some rims in Victoria as well. I'm slowly pillaging Victoria of all your good stuff heh
Old 03-27-14, 06:13 PM
IS250Vic
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The one thing I hate about being on the island: buying parts is such a PITA, esp. from the states... but anyways haha

Mine's a 2011 IS250 AWD, just recently lowered on BC coils.

I played with the height for a while, and currently sits at 25.75 inches from ground to fender, all 4 corners. Seems to be the sweet spot for 'low enough' for victoria roads!

I would definitely be down to meet up, hoping i can get my LED headlights and fsport exhaust by then!
Old 03-27-14, 06:56 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Shipping to Vic isn't that bad if you use Seawings.
Old 03-27-14, 07:07 PM
IS250Vic
Driver

^seawings?
Old 03-27-14, 07:42 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, Seawings: http://www.seawings.ca

get your stuff shipped to

"Your name
℅ Seawings
1927 Boblett St
Blaine, Wa
98230"
It gets transferred to the Vic airport and you go do your own import process and just pay tax. Then pay Seawings for their service of bringing it up.

Once the smoke clears, it can be about 30-90% cheaper (more on light weight high dollar items that you'd normally get raped for brokerage on) as you can take advantage of the "free shipping in the lower 48" a lot of places use.
Old 03-27-14, 08:15 PM
IS250Vic
Driver

Originally Posted by Shmee
Yeah, Seawings: http://www.seawings.ca

get your stuff shipped to

"Your name
℅ Seawings
1927 Boblett St
Blaine, Wa
98230"
It gets transferred to the Vic airport and you go do your own import process and just pay tax. Then pay Seawings for their service of bringing it up.

Once the smoke clears, it can be about 30-90% cheaper (more on light weight high dollar items that you'd normally get raped for brokerage on) as you can take advantage of the "free shipping in the lower 48" a lot of places use.
Wow, mind blown. Thank you for this, I'll likely try this next time I make a Sewell order.

So, let me get this clear:

When you purchase, the shipping address is to be the following:

"Air or Ground" to "your name," "Care Of" Seawings Express, 1927 Boblett Street, Blaine, Washington 98230

and that's it? They call when the package has arrived @ YYJ?
Old 03-27-14, 08:24 PM
IS250Vic
Driver

I do have another thing to add: what if you're buying used items from CL members? Do we have to pay duty/customs if we have them ship used goods to the aforementioned address? Sorry, I am a bit new at this lol.
Old 03-27-14, 09:01 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, any type of shipment, from any carrier. I just had some stuff shipped from japan go there (wouldn't ship to Canada for some reason).
You do have to call them prior to setup an account, but after that, yes they will call of email you when a package arrives.

If you bring in the paypal invoice on used items, it's usually not a problem but you have to itemize what you are buying detailed in the notes. You should denote some value for shipping as you'll be taxed on the whole value of payment otherwise.

I will not that it can become expensive using this method. Still cheaper than direct to Vic but still costly. You get charged per package, so if you get a set of wheels, you can get charged the $17/package + weight PER wheel. Sometimes it's worth it to get the shipper to consolidate everything into one box or have things strapped together. I have ordered a lot of stuff from RockAuto, and as anyone who has also done so, knows they can have parts come from multiple warehouses... This sucks if you get a $5 part coming from one and the majority from another or all parts from different sources as you'll pay per package.

As such, I have an account at CanAmer shipping which is that US address. That way I have everything shipped there and held, and then have stuff boxed up in the least amount of boxes possible before being forwarded to Seawings. I've been dealing with CanAmer for over a decade and have a good relationship with them so you might not get the same service. But having an account with them also allows you to go over and pick stuff up if you are having a lot of stuff shipped of really heavy stuff. It's $150 round trip on the ferry to go get stuff, so you have to do your math to justify it. As an example, I had a set of UAS bags and brackets, a bunch of stereo gear from Sonix, and a fairly heavy order from Rockauto, all in about 100lbs of stuff shipped up via Seawings. It ended up costing $98 at Seawings. I'm going over tomorrow to sell some parts to a guy on the mainland and picking up the rest of my air suspension, and a few other parts. Had everything been in at the same time, it would have easily been more than the $150 ferry ride.... So maybe worth going to pick up if time isn't an issue.

Guys in the LML can also use CanAmer to save on shipping costs!
Old 03-27-14, 09:13 PM
IS250Vic
Driver

Great, I'll definitely be giving this a try

sorry for hijacking the thread lol - any other locals around?
Old 03-30-14, 05:37 PM
joboo
Driver School Candidate

So ya I just picked up a 01 gs430 and Im in Victoria. Who are guys using for service? Also wondering how the Bc coilovers ride?
Old 03-30-14, 06:36 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

No worries... more traffic to the thread means more people will see it!

This is me:

Welcome to the site Joboo, nice pick up.
Post some pics!

As far as place to go for maintenance, I don't know. I have taken it to metro for a fuel system flush, and they were reasonable in price, but IO normally do my own.
I really like the ride on my BCs. Its not as smooth as the factory LS suspension, but for how low the car is, it rides really nice!
You can go for a ride in my car to check them out if you like.
Old 03-30-14, 10:28 PM
bcsc400
Pole Position

I had a nicely modified 1999 SC400 that is now on the mainland with scENFORCER.
I'm now starting to work on my 2002 SC430. I replaced the stock pie plates with LFA style rims. I have
Bilstein shocks & Swift springs, TRD sway bar that are going on soon. I installed a Cusco Strut brace last weekend. I'm going to the Airport (Express Air) in the next couple of days to pick up parts for my soon to be built custom exhaust. I'm getting older (53) but I can't stop playing with my cars.
Old 03-31-14, 12:45 AM
IS250Vic
Driver

Originally Posted by bcsc400
I had a nicely modified 1999 SC400 that is now on the mainland with scENFORCER.
I'm now starting to work on my 2002 SC430. I replaced the stock pie plates with LFA style rims. I have
Bilstein shocks & Swift springs, TRD sway bar that are going on soon. I installed a Cusco Strut brace last weekend. I'm going to the Airport (Express Air) in the next couple of days to pick up parts for my soon to be built custom exhaust. I'm getting older (53) but I can't stop playing with my cars.
Let me know if you ever decide to get rid of the LFA rep wheels
Old 04-05-14, 09:43 PM
joboo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Shmee
No worries... more traffic to the thread means more people will see it!

This is me:

Welcome to the site Joboo, nice pick up.
Post some pics!

As far as place to go for maintenance, I don't know. I have taken it to metro for a fuel system flush, and they were reasonable in price, but IO normally do my own.
I really like the ride on my BCs. Its not as smooth as the factory LS suspension, but for how low the car is, it rides really nice!
You can go for a ride in my car to check them out if you like.

Ya thanks. I might just have to so that. Juat concerned about the pillow ball mounts being noisy and harsh. As far as posting pics goes-im not really sure how to?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Victoria, BC