IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Can't get parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-14, 08:31 PM
nvbirdman
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can't get parts

The phone in my '14 IS350 disconnects from the car each time the ignition is turned off and the dealer ordered the part to fix it. The part doesn't just involve the phone, but also the radio, CD player, and the navigation system.
I have been waiting more than a month.
If Lexus can't supply parts when the car is new, how hard will it be when the car is ten or fifteen years old?
Old 03-21-14, 09:22 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nvbirdman
The phone in my '14 IS350 disconnects from the car each time the ignition is turned off and the dealer ordered the part to fix it. The part doesn't just involve the phone, but also the radio, CD player, and the navigation system.
I have been waiting more than a month.
If Lexus can't supply parts when the car is new, how hard will it be when the car is ten or fifteen years old?
There are chronic problems with the nav/radio in the 2014 3IS and I'd be surprised if this isn't related. The problems I've experienced have affected many on this forum and Lexus corporate won't even acknowledge the problem. Worse, there's no apparent fix. I've lived with my issue for six months (on my second nav/radio) and the problem persists. I'm not surprised that Lexus hasn't figured out their parts pipeline.

This is my first Lexus, and given their glowing reputation, I expected more. I resent Lexus for "beta testing" with their nav/radio on paying customers then taking a vow of silence when their product is faulty.
Old 03-21-14, 10:51 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^^

I had my IS 1 week and a rattle developed in the passenger. I took it in to Longo Lexus. They wanted to keep the car so that Lexus engineers could take the seat apart for the purpose of determining if it was production related. I contacted Lexus corp in Torrance and politely complained. They told Longo to fix it right away. I then asked -- where's my make good for my time? They sent me a $750 check which they figured would be 1 payment if I hadn't paid cash. I'm not sure what your approach is with folks or how you manage relationships but I had a great experience with Lexus and have had no issues with my nav. I did have to teach them that my time is money and make a case for a make good.