IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Will I need camber arms with this setup?

Old 02-06-14, 06:28 PM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Will I need camber arms with this setup?

Sup guys ready to pull the trigger on some tires here pretty soon and was curious if I was going to need to invest in a megan camber kit for the rear.

I'm planning on tucking tire in the front and rear on the following;

19x8.5 +17 Front
19x9.5 +20 Rear

After review many pages in the https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...tart-here.html thread I've been recommended the following tire specs;

225/35/19 Front and a 245/35/19 Rear

My question may be a two part question but with these tires would it be wise to invest in a camber kit? I currently have a megan kit on my car right now but I'm in need of replacing it with a brand new one, but before I do I wasn't sure if just swaping out the old oem arms would save me some $$$.

I guess my other part of the question is, are these the proper tire sizes if I plan on being moderately low? I already have my fenders rolled with a slight pull and plan on removing the bumper tab in the front and modifying it with zips.

Any advice is appreciated in regards to the camber kit, and tires.
Old 02-06-14, 07:57 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

a 245/35 on a 9.5 is barely going to be stretched at all. so with a 9.5 +20 i would say you will need camber arms just to keep the fender off the tire if thats the size you are set on. natural camber wont be enough if you plan on going low.

i would buy those before anything
Old 02-06-14, 08:04 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Depending on how low you wanna go. I'm running 19x10.5+22 245-35 in the rear with natural camber. I just sit rite above the tires with a finger gap. Rolled my fenders flat and just rub on the rear bumper tab on big dips. If you wann stretch the rear 235-35 will work.
Old 02-06-14, 08:36 PM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jdmSW20
a 245/35 on a 9.5 is barely going to be stretched at all. so with a 9.5 +20 i would say you will need camber arms just to keep the fender off the tire if thats the size you are set on. natural camber wont be enough if you plan on going low.

i would buy those before anything

Originally Posted by laobo979
Depending on how low you wanna go. I'm running 19x10.5+22 245-35 in the rear with natural camber. I just sit rite above the tires with a finger gap. Rolled my fenders flat and just rub on the rear bumper tab on big dips. If you wann stretch the rear 235-35 will work.
Is there any reason for me going with a 235 over a 240? Like, obviously its going to be minor stretch but any benefit to this in terms of clearance?
Old 02-06-14, 08:41 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Originally Posted by Deegee
Is there any reason for me going with a 235 over a 240? Like, obviously its going to be minor stretch but any benefit to this in terms of clearance?
the stretch will help your clearance bros lol. when its too square thats what you will be rubbing on. i would get the camber arms just in case. its better to have them and not need them vs need them and not have them
Old 02-06-14, 09:07 PM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

the stretch will help your clearance bros lol. when its too square thats what you will be rubbing on. i would get the camber arms just in case. its better to have them and not need them vs need them and not have them
Alright, I'll get me another camber kit to replace my old one. What about the size of tires? Is what I have listed ideal? I guess I need to see how much stretch a 35 in the rear would be but how about the front?
Old 02-06-14, 09:17 PM
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by laobo979
Where is this rear bumper tab, is there something to do about or just do some more negative camber?
Old 02-06-14, 10:19 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Originally Posted by Deegee
Alright, I'll get me another camber kit to replace my old one. What about the size of tires? Is what I have listed ideal? I guess I need to see how much stretch a 35 in the rear would be but how about the front?
do you already have a camber kit now? is there something wrong with it? if it aint broke dont fix it

Originally Posted by dannyboy26
Where is this rear bumper tab, is there something to do about or just do some more negative camber?
there is a small tab in the rear as well. only when you are significantly low will it become an issue to to start cutting into the tire. its not as bad as the tab in the front, but, its there
Old 02-06-14, 10:38 PM
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

Im barely tucking in the rear, im guessing I dont have to worry since I dont see any cutting into my tires... Still need camber I have noticed that when I drive over dips or over a big hump my sidewalls rub on the fender so with a bit more negative camber I could clear it... What have you done with that rear bumper tab?
Old 02-06-14, 10:50 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Originally Posted by dannyboy26
Im barely tucking in the rear, im guessing I dont have to worry since I dont see any cutting into my tires... Still need camber I have noticed that when I drive over dips or over a big hump my sidewalls rub on the fender so with a bit more negative camber I could clear it... What have you done with that rear bumper tab?
no it doesnt touch but on a hard enough dip, itll hit. a tad more camber should fix your issue no problem. me, i need to get slightly more pull in the rear. not much, but just enough only because the lip of my wheel touches the fender on hard enough dips lol.

but when i do get a slight more pull, ill get the tab cut out as well. only because i want to go about a 1/2' lower all around
Old 02-06-14, 11:06 PM
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

Hahaha wow bro I thought you were already damn low... Guess not lol whats your offset on your wheels im +22 and yeah im hoping to be good after a little more camber... I have a buddy here that did some major work to his rear fenders on his q45 and im thinking when I get my repainted will prob go that route as well it means cutting a lot of the fender and welding a wider lip
Old 02-07-14, 06:51 AM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

do you already have a camber kit now? is there something wrong with it? if it aint broke dont fix it
Bought mine used, wasn't in the greatest shape and the threads on it appeared rusted, I'm going to invest in another one just to call it a day.

But anybody care to chime in on whether or not the tire sizes I mentioned are ideal? Or is 235 more or less ideal on the rears?
Old 02-07-14, 12:00 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

DId I miss with what you're currently lowered on? Coils or springs? Depending on the amont your ride height is lowered with naturally net you some - camber. But my guess with with that wheel/tire size you MIGHT be fine without camber arms. BUT, what is another $150 to help you "save" your tires?
Old 02-07-14, 11:09 PM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gville350
DId I miss with what you're currently lowered on? Coils or springs? Depending on the amont your ride height is lowered with naturally net you some - camber. But my guess with with that wheel/tire size you MIGHT be fine without camber arms. BUT, what is another $150 to help you "save" your tires?
I'm on coils, plan on going 1 finger to no finger gap, basically tucking tire once i mount these rims.

I'm still kinda torn between 235 and 245 tire sizes for the rear still. I may just get the arms to align my rear a bit better to save my tires too tho
Old 02-08-14, 05:17 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

^They're so cheap and help the alignment shop with setting up your camber specs to help save tires. Vivid Racing still has the best price on the Megans I've seen recently at <$150 shipped!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Will I need camber arms with this setup?