Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Those who have the SPC front camber ball joint, I have a install question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-14, 04:09 PM
MizikeTSK
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those who have the SPC front camber ball joint, I have a install question.

Did you install yourself or pay to have it installed? I was thinking of purchasing the front and rear but when calling around to install I am looking at a minimum of $450 with alignment. I can install the rear' s no problem, but the fronts is another story. I assume taking off the a-arm to remove the stock ball joint is all it is, but why is the labor so much. I would think it's straight forward, is it not? Is it a P.I.T.A to remove and pop out the ball joint in the GS? I just have a hard time justifying paying around $800 for parts and labor to make it happen. If easier than it looks for a DIY, please let me know. Thanks!!
Old 02-11-14, 05:37 PM
Sfrt
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curious if you heard back on this? I'm considering the same for my IS and was hoping this would be a DIY job but I have no idea.
Old 02-16-14, 08:04 AM
darinmg
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rear is a fairly easy dyi...but time consuming. Rear strut assembly must be removed to get the megan camber arm in. That involves taking the trunk apart, strut out, low control arm lose, etc. Not TOO hard, but not a 1 hour job. I have not done the front, so I'm not sure about that part.